When we found out about the 4th Annual Blues, Views, & BBQ festival going on September 23-25, we squealed with delight. Pig joke #1, check. This awesome festival will be taking place on the grounds of The Levitt Pavilion and the Westport Public Library. Add it to your calendar by clicking on our Events section up above and finding the festival or just bookmark this because there’s so much to explore, see, drink, and eat over the three days of this fest. Let’s pig out (joke two):
• Kansas City Barbecue Society “Competitor Series” cooking contest on 9/24 to benefit the Westport Food Closet. Contestants arrive from 6-10 am to set up and the chefs start bringing in chicken, pork rib, chef’s choice dish, and dessert to the judges at 2 pm. You know two of the judges this year…that’s right. OmNomCT, Kristien and Danny, are judges. Oooh yeah, say hi! ;)
• Kids Q contest with burgers, dogs, and chef’s choice.
• Pig races. Do we really need to pimp this? Awwwwww.
• Food! Look at all these options:
• Blue Lemon Restaurant – Burgers, Roasted Sweet Corn, and Sausage Sandwiches • Dave & Jerry’s Hot Dog Trolley
• The Smilin’ Chef- Gyros and Baja Tacos
• Rolling Cones Ice Cream • Boy Scouts of America Popcorn
• Tito’s Vodka • Jim Beam Global Products• Newman’s Own Wines • Poland Spring Water• Steaz Organic Tea • Newman’s Own Limeade and Lemonade
• Leave as many pig-related comments as you can. Let’s bust this post up to
at least 100 pig jokes.
Blues, Views, and BBQ
40 Jesup Road (behind the public library)
Westport, CT 06880