Tickets are now on sale for an awesome collaboration between Sixpoint Brewery and BeerAdvocate: Beer for Beasts. This is the second year of Beer for Beasts, a way to help animals through the Humane Society of NY. Last year $30,000 was raised, so help them to meet or beat the hell out of that. The brouhaha goes down March 31, 2012 for one of two sessions: 1-5 pm or 6-10 pm at The Bell House in the Gowanus section of Brooklyn. Last year was sold out, so better trot on over here and get your fix for just $60 each. 21+ and valid ID needed.
Here’s why to go if you’re a beervangelist, a foodaholic, and/or just wanna get down to some dancing and music:
• One-of-a-kind beers brewed just for Beer for Beasts (over 40)
• Barley & Chinook: a single-malt, single-hop IPA
• Champignon: brown ale that’s brewed with (WOAH) chanterelle mushrooms and black pepper
• Rock Lobster: stein beer that’s brewed up with lobster shells from Red Hook Lobster Pound. Wicked crazy.
• Two wine-yeast fermented white beers that are brewed in collaboration w/ Red Hook Winery
• English-style ale made by Jimmy Carbone and Rachel Wharton in memory of beer bar revolutionary @ d.b.a., Ray Deter
• Hot to trot performances from Jersey Fresh Burlesque
• Music by “Chances with Wolves” dj crew…love the name BTW ;)