Last year we told you about Bandapalooza, the contest that pits local bands against each other for the right, pleasure, and honor to play at Alive @ Five. Last year was band against band, in a bracket-like competition with three finalists. This year things are a bit different. You’ll still be able to check out your favorite local bands at restaurants throughout Stamford then vote on 95.9 The Fox. Voting is open from May 18-5/22 at noon. The top three winners will go on to play Alive @ Five on 6/21, 6/28/ and 7/5 (full schedule below) at Columbus Park.
The bands do their thing on Friday, 5/18/12 from 8 pm to 12:30 am. When the specific times are posted, we’ll update this for you. Here’s the schedule of bands and where to hear them. Also, check out the winners
(when the votes are in) and the complete Alive @ Five.
All Banged Up 8-9:30 @ Bartaco (222 Summer St.)
Second Street Saints 8:40-9:40 @ BUtterfield 8 Restaurant & Lounge (112 Bedford St.)
|June 21||Los Lonely Boys|
|Second Street Saints
|June 28||G. Love & Special Sauce|
|July 5||Creedence Clearwater Revisited
sponsored by Frank Mercede & Sons
|All Banged Up
|July 19||Hot Chelle Rae
sponsored by Reckson
|Eytan & The Embassy|
|My Pet Dragon|
|July 26||Javier Colon
sponsored by Stamford Marriott, Hilton Stamford & Sheraton Stamford Hotel
sponsored by NBCUniversal*
& Skytop Lodge
|Frank Viele & The Manhattan Project|
Alive @ Five, Rules for 2012
- You must be 21 and older to get into the concert area after 7 pm. Hands will be marked for under 21. Under 21 cannot leave and re-enter.
- If you are under 21 and arrive before 7pm, you are welcome to stay for the entire concert, but you cannot leave and re-enter.
- Photo I.D. is required.
- Passports and Out of State IDs require a Second Form of Photo I.D. with Date of Birth.
- $10.00 fee to attend the Alive @ Five Festival.
- Children aged 12 and under are free, but must enter before 7pm and cannot leave and re-enter.
Single main entrance located on Main Street
just east of Clark and Lower Summer Streets with multiple entry portals.
Attendees cannot enter with bicycles, coolers, chairs, bicycles, weapons,containers of any kind, liquid, alcohol, pets, video cameras or tape recorders. Backpacks and large bags are subject to police search. Please leave them at home.