Octoberfest. Oktoberfest. Spell it however you’d like, it still revolves around a few key things:
- German food
- Flashbacks to the scene from National Lampoon’s European Vacation
Well, guess what? There will be plenty of Octoberfestivities going on at the Stamford Museum & Nature Center on Friday night, 10/19 from 6:30 – 9:30 pm. So, bring your buds, take your date, leave the kids at home (21+), and put on those lederhosen. When you are there, all decked out with those really cool feathery hats, you’ll be able to take down some amazing Octoberfest food. Yup, SM&NC has the best of the wurst and even more. Bottomline: you’ll be fed and fed oh so well, German style. But, you can’t munch on some BBQ or a brat (the sausage, not a bad child) and have nothing to drink. That would be a serious travesty! The good folks at the Nature Center have you covered with excellent seasonal Oktoberfest brews, don’t worry. Now, when you’ve got some food in the left hand and a stein in the right hand, move that beer back and forth while you jam away and sing along to The Bavarian Boys.
As for tickets, all proceeds will go towards the Stamford Museum & Nature Center. That goes towards the animals, the farm, education, events, the museum, and more.
- If you buy them in advance (by 10/16): SM&NC Member $50/Non-Member $65
- If you buy them at the door: SM&NC Member $60/Non-Member $75
This is going to be a great night, full of bier and merriment. You definitely want to get your tickets ASAP. When you buy your tickets online, if you could enter “OmNomCT” where it says “How did you hear about this event?” you would be our best friends. We really care about SM&NC so much, we’re members, we go on a regular basis, and we check out their fun annual events too. We’re also honored to be the Media Sponsor for Octoberfest on the Meadow.
But, this special event (more here) is only the beginning of the 35th Harvest Festival Weekend on 10/20 and 10/21 from 11-3 pm. Here’s what will be happening:
- Hayrides, apple cider demos (and drinking), scarecrow contest, pumpkin carving, and lots of family activities.
- Shoot from an apple slingshot, check out all the cute farm animals, get your face painted, hear some stories, and create some crafts.
- If you’re feeling a bit spooky, wear your costume and take part in a parade around SM&NC lead by a very special guest.
- Just $5 for members or $10 for non-members. If you have Family Plus or above (or children 3 or younger) entry is free.