Korobuta (that’s Japanese wild boar)
Think you’re up to the challenge of trying these bad boys out? Well, Rodizio Grill in Stamford is putting you to the test this October. Just stop by for dinner, order the Full Rodizio, and then you’re all set and ready to go. Remember that when you order The Full Rodizio ($34.99 for dinner), you get appetizers, full use of the salad bar, and of course an endless parade of meat. You control the action with your handy-dandy red/green cue. For details about all the meats available and our first experience there, check out our review.
Here’s some info on how these three meats taste:
Rattlesnake: although many people claim the taste is reminiscent of chicken, more people seem to think it’s quite gamier. Some compare it to pheasant or alligator, even.
Bison: leaner and fewer calories than beef, bison is soft, tender, and even has nice marbling to it. Although the flavors from the meat might not be as in your face as a nice Wagyu, it’s still a beautiful cut.
Korobuta: believe it or not, we’ve had this many times. You probably have also. See, the Japanese call it korobuta, but we call it Berkshire pork. The flavor is intense, amazing, and the meat ends up being juicy and full of nice marbling. Oh, the flavor explosions.
Address: 5 Broad Street (next to Target)
Monday – Thursday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-10 pm
Friday – Saturday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-11 pm
Sunday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-10 pm
Recent Top 10 Noms
The Last 10 Posts
- SoWe Food + Wine Festival 2014 Ft. Celebrity Chefs + Demos, Restaurants, Food Trucks and Drinks Galore
- CT Food News, Vol. 17: Events, Free Drinks, Fundraisers, Food Truck News, Openings, CT on TV, and Beer…Lots of Beer
- Preview the Rustic Charm of Little Pub Greenwich, Soon to Open
- New Restaurants, Craft Cocktails, VIP Party @ 4th Annual Food for All Fundraiser for Community Plates
- Gettin’ Schooled at Karen Brownlow’s Chop Shop Cooking Class in Westport
- CT Food News, Vol. 16: Whole Pigs, IPA Day, Beer Stuff, Props, and More…
- 4th Annual Greenwich Wine + Food Festival Returns: Schedule, Chefs, and Details Released
- Ibiza Tapas Restaurant + Wine Bar: a taste de las tapas Españolas en Danbury
- CT Food News, Vol. 15: Pepe’s Takes MA, Festivals, Contests, CT Beer Props, Updates, and more…
- Black Hog Brewing in Oxford Premieres 4 Brews + We Taste Em!
bbq beer beer dinner beer festival Beer tasting breweries brews Bridgeport Burgers charity chefs Coalhouse Pizza cocktails Coffee Community Plates Connecticut Connecticut events Connecticut Food Blog Contest contests craft beer CT Darien deals downtown Stamford Drinks events Fairfield Fairfield County family events farms farm to table food food blog food events Food Network food truck Food trucks Free fundraiser fundraisers Greenwich half full Half Full Brewery Hamburgers Harbor Point Hot Dogs local food locavore new canaan New Haven new restaurant new restaurants Norwalk OmNomCT organic pizza Prix Fixe restaurant restaurants review SoNo soup specials Stamford Stamford Museum & Nature Center Stamford restaurants Stratford tapas Tastings Two Roads Westport wilton Wine Wine Tasting
- @CoreyClayton @WWE @degacatering Damn, this is so freaking cool! What a great idea for an article. 4 hours ago
- RT @CoreyClayton: Great read! Ever want to know what it takes to feed the @WWE roster and staff? Here you go: firstwefeast.com/eat/inside-the… @degac… 21 hours ago
- RT @BeauBermanFOXCT: A look at @BlackHogBeer is on tap tonight on the @FoxCT at 10pm #beer #brewing #connecticut http://t.co/fsUL1SnC1J 1 day ago
- RT @BlackHogBeer: Tyler, Tom & Jason on last night's Fox CT News! bit.ly/1pXKQI7 Thanks again to @BeauBermanFOXCT #blackhog #foxct 1 day ago
- @SoWeFoodFest We are very excited, especially for the chef's battle! What a great event that you have planned! 1 day ago
- RT @SoWeFoodFest: SoWe Food + Wine Festival 2014 Ft. Celebrity Chefs + Demos, Restaurants, Food Trucks and Drinks Galore: http://t.co/vbPeo… 1 day ago
- RT @GradeAShopRite: 3rd Annual Hatch Chile Roast Officially this Sat and Sun at our Commerce Park location!! @HeyStamford @OmNomCT http://t… 1 day ago
- RT @BlackHogBeer: More big news! First release in THC Series, Chinook Pale Ale to debut @elicannons Tuesday 7pm. And a tap takeover! #black… 2 days ago