Korobuta (that’s Japanese wild boar)
Think you’re up to the challenge of trying these bad boys out? Well, Rodizio Grill in Stamford is putting you to the test this October. Just stop by for dinner, order the Full Rodizio, and then you’re all set and ready to go. Remember that when you order The Full Rodizio ($34.99 for dinner), you get appetizers, full use of the salad bar, and of course an endless parade of meat. You control the action with your handy-dandy red/green cue. For details about all the meats available and our first experience there, check out our review.
Here’s some info on how these three meats taste:
Rattlesnake: although many people claim the taste is reminiscent of chicken, more people seem to think it’s quite gamier. Some compare it to pheasant or alligator, even.
Bison: leaner and fewer calories than beef, bison is soft, tender, and even has nice marbling to it. Although the flavors from the meat might not be as in your face as a nice Wagyu, it’s still a beautiful cut.
Korobuta: believe it or not, we’ve had this many times. You probably have also. See, the Japanese call it korobuta, but we call it Berkshire pork. The flavor is intense, amazing, and the meat ends up being juicy and full of nice marbling. Oh, the flavor explosions.
Address: 5 Broad Street (next to Target)
Monday – Thursday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-10 pm
Friday – Saturday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-11 pm
Sunday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-10 pm
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Recent Top 10 Noms
The Last 10 Posts
- Ocean freshness along the Norwalk River-Mediterraneo @ Hotel Zero Degrees, Norwalk
- Soupstock 2013 brings soup contest , a food court, music, arts + more to Shelton, Connecticut
- Morello Bistro pouring new summer cocktails (recipes included) – Greenwich, CT
- Haitian Food’s the Focus of Eat for Equity Stamford’s June Event, Benefiting Haiti Marycare
- Meet Your Neighbor: A Taste of Port Chester w/ 34 Restaurants!
- Pour at the Shore brewing up at Seaside Tavern Memorial Day weekend
- Bobby Q’s BBQ Kicks off the Season with Beer Garden Opening – Westport, CT
- Yoga, Summer Wine + Craft Beer Tastings at Bottlerocket of Westport this June
- Getting clucky with it: Westport Chicken Coop Tour @ WTF
- Dishcrawl Fairfield County Expands + Launches New Canaan Events
bbq beer Beer tasting brews Burgers charity Coalhouse Pizza Connecticut Connecticut events Connecticut restaurants Contest contests craft beer CT Darien deals downtown Stamford events Fairfield Fairfield County farm to table food food blog fundraiser fundraisers Greenwich Hamburgers Hot Dogs local food locavore new canaan new restaurants Norwalk OmNomCT pizza Prix Fixe restaurants review Stamford Stamford restaurants station eats tapas Westport Wine Wine Tasting
- Ocean freshness along the Norwalk River-Mediterraneo @ Hotel Zero Degrees, Norwalk wp.me/p1a5jD-2RK 6 hours ago
- Happy #WW @talkavino @Local913 @VinoInLove @bhuelser @corkchronicler @thewinegetter 22 hours ago
- Thanks for the RTs! @_kristinsanity @sweetmrph @raminganeshram @CTGirlAboutTown @GoingGreenie @MegEHarrington @bklyncorkdork :) 22 hours ago
- Fundraiser today at @GardenCatering SBC for Local Muscular Dystrophy Camp and ALS Research: wp.me/p1a5jD-2Eh 1 day ago
- Soupstock 2013 brings soup contest , a food court, music, arts + more to Shelton, Connecticut wp.me/p1a5jD-2QT 1 day ago
- @bklyncorkdork Thanks so much! 1 day ago
- RT @bklyncorkdork: Meet Your Neighbor: A Taste of Port Chester w/ 34 Restaurants! : wp.me/p1a5jD-2R1 via @OmNomCT 1 day ago
- Morello Bistro pouring new summer cocktails (recipes included) - Greenwich, CT wp.me/p1a5jD-2RC 1 day ago