Korobuta (that’s Japanese wild boar)
Think you’re up to the challenge of trying these bad boys out? Well, Rodizio Grill in Stamford is putting you to the test this October. Just stop by for dinner, order the Full Rodizio, and then you’re all set and ready to go. Remember that when you order The Full Rodizio ($34.99 for dinner), you get appetizers, full use of the salad bar, and of course an endless parade of meat. You control the action with your handy-dandy red/green cue. For details about all the meats available and our first experience there, check out our review.
Here’s some info on how these three meats taste:
Rattlesnake: although many people claim the taste is reminiscent of chicken, more people seem to think it’s quite gamier. Some compare it to pheasant or alligator, even.
Bison: leaner and fewer calories than beef, bison is soft, tender, and even has nice marbling to it. Although the flavors from the meat might not be as in your face as a nice Wagyu, it’s still a beautiful cut.
Korobuta: believe it or not, we’ve had this many times. You probably have also. See, the Japanese call it korobuta, but we call it Berkshire pork. The flavor is intense, amazing, and the meat ends up being juicy and full of nice marbling. Oh, the flavor explosions.
Address: 5 Broad Street (next to Target)
Monday – Thursday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-10 pm
Friday – Saturday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-11 pm
Sunday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-10 pm
Recent Top 10 Noms
The Last 10 Posts
- The Meat Truck Chomps Down on New Haven and Sets Paws on Fairfield County
- Take a Culinary Tour Through Latin America via Aarón Sánchez’s Paloma in Harbor Point, Stamford
- From Catering Intern, to Chopped, to Kitchen Pro: an Exclusive Interview with Hannah Bukzin of Westport, 14
- CT Food + Beer News, Vol. 13: Openings, Closings, Parties, and Drinks
- In-depth w/ Kory Wollins of BSF: Burgers, Making Mooz, Life, and the Heart of a Perfectionist.
- SWEET! Sour’d in September Beer Festival Hosted by Captain Lawrence Brewery ft. 50+ Breweries
- Fairway’s Firefighters Food Face-Off, Free BBQ, Games, Music, Samples, + Customer Appreciation Day!
- CT Food + Beer News, Vol. 12: Summer Fun, Food Truck Festivals, Openings, CT Beer, and More…
- Pork in the Park Chef Demos and Event Schedule Released
- Kickin’ It (Latin) Root Down at Tierra in Westport: CT Restaurant Review
bbq beer beer dinner Beer tasting breakfast breweries brews Bridgeport Burgers charity chefs Coalhouse Pizza cocktails Coffee Community Plates Connecticut Connecticut events Connecticut Food Blog Contest contests craft beer CT Darien deals downtown Stamford Drinks events Fairfield Fairfield County family events farms farm to table food food blog food events Food Network food truck Food trucks Free fundraiser fundraisers Greenwich half full Half Full Brewery Hamburgers Harbor Point Hot Dogs local food locavore new canaan New Haven new restaurant new restaurants Norwalk OmNomCT organic pizza Prix Fixe restaurant restaurants review SoNo soup specials Stamford Stamford Museum & Nature Center Stamford restaurants Stratford tapas Tastings Two Roads Westport wilton Wine Wine Tasting
- RT @NikkieEdmonds: Hey @OmNomCT @AdelineJessica @JasonVargaCT and @GribWrites - Tuesday @COALHOUSE_PIZZA has the rescheduled bourbon class … 14 hours ago
- @TheMeatTruckco Chomps Down on New Haven and Sets Paws on Fairfield County: wp.me/p1a5jD-5jF #foodtruck 16 hours ago
- @dougkneissl No, straight from the source! 1 day ago
- Opening Thursday! Long Live The Stamford Beer Garden! Coming Soon to Shippan Landing: wp.me/p1a5jD-59P via @OmNomCT 1 day ago
- @ctbookkeeper Oh, they sure were! :) 1 day ago
- RT @cmhughes79: Time to eat crow. I look at @NewEnglandBrew, @Beerdbrewing, and more in my guide to the booming CT beer scene. http://t.co… 1 day ago
- Take a Culinary Tour Through Latin America via @Chef_Aaron's Paloma in Harbor Point, Stamford : wp.me/p1a5jD-5iA #review 1 day ago
- @moffly_media HOLY CRAP! Get it away! 2 days ago