Korobuta (that’s Japanese wild boar)
Think you’re up to the challenge of trying these bad boys out? Well, Rodizio Grill in Stamford is putting you to the test this October. Just stop by for dinner, order the Full Rodizio, and then you’re all set and ready to go. Remember that when you order The Full Rodizio ($34.99 for dinner), you get appetizers, full use of the salad bar, and of course an endless parade of meat. You control the action with your handy-dandy red/green cue. For details about all the meats available and our first experience there, check out our review.
Here’s some info on how these three meats taste:
Rattlesnake: although many people claim the taste is reminiscent of chicken, more people seem to think it’s quite gamier. Some compare it to pheasant or alligator, even.
Bison: leaner and fewer calories than beef, bison is soft, tender, and even has nice marbling to it. Although the flavors from the meat might not be as in your face as a nice Wagyu, it’s still a beautiful cut.
Korobuta: believe it or not, we’ve had this many times. You probably have also. See, the Japanese call it korobuta, but we call it Berkshire pork. The flavor is intense, amazing, and the meat ends up being juicy and full of nice marbling. Oh, the flavor explosions.
Address: 5 Broad Street (next to Target)
Monday – Thursday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-10 pm
Friday – Saturday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-11 pm
Sunday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-10 pm
Rare Beer Night @ Half Full w/ OmNomCT Collabo BeerOctober 15th, 2014
Check out the release of our collabo beer with Half Full as well as many other great brews!
- Dan and Kristien Del Ferraro on The Fermenting Upward Growth of CT Beer and a Call to Action
- Christopher Robert on The Fermenting Upward Growth of CT Beer and a Call to Action
- Dan and Kristien Del Ferraro on Spooky Good Halloween Parties and Events in the 203 for 2014
- lynn on Spooky Good Halloween Parties and Events in the 203 for 2014
- Spooky Good Halloween Parties and Events in the 203 for 2014 | OmNomCT on Washington Prime Opening Mid-Summer in new Ironworks SoNo Building
- Spooky Good Halloween Parties and Events in the 203 for 2014 | OmNomCT on Stamford and Norwalk Restaurants Get Crafty with Craft Beer – Our Newest CBS Post
- Spooky Good Halloween Parties and Events in the 203 for 2014 | OmNomCT on Inventive, Rich + Flavorful Dishes at The Spread Get the Heart of SoNo Pumping
- Spooky Good Halloween Parties and Events in the 203 for 2014 | OmNomCT on Get Comfy with Seasonal Comfort Food at South End – New Canaan, CT
Recent Top 10 Noms
The Last 10 Posts
- Spooky Good Halloween Parties and Events in the 203 for 2014
- Craft 260 to Host Beer Fest w/ 11 CT Breweries to Benefit Community Plates – Fairfield, CT
- The Fermenting Upward Growth of CT Beer and a Call to Action
- Wilton Introduces Inaugural Fall Restaurant Week from 10/20-26
- CT Food News, Vol. 25: Harvest Fests, Food Trucks, Whisky Tasting, Contests, Deals + More
- Hello Kitty Cocktail + Cupcake Combo @ Parallel Post Raises Money for Breast Cancer Wellness
- Chowdafest VII 2014: Recap, Winners, Results + Our Faves at Calf Pasture Beach
- CT Beer Week 2014 Badge for Untappd: How and Where to Unlock
- Martha Stewart and Joe Bastianich Coming to Stew Leonard’s in Norwalk
- To Do: Two Roads Sourcopia Beer Release Party and Sourcopia Beer Dinner with Chef Plum
#CTbeer bbq beer beer dinner beer festival Beer tasting breweries brews Bridgeport Burgers charity Coalhouse Pizza cocktails Coffee Community Plates Connecticut Connecticut beer Connecticut events Connecticut Food Blog Contest contests craft beer CT CT food news Darien deals downtown Stamford Drinks events Fairfield Fairfield County farms farm to table food food blog food events Food Network food truck Food trucks Free fundraiser fundraisers Greenwich Greenwich food blog half full Half Full Brewery Hamburgers Harbor Point Hot Dogs local food locavore new canaan New Haven new restaurant new restaurants Norwalk OmNomCT pizza Prix Fixe restaurants review SoNo soup specials Stamford Stamford Museum & Nature Center Stamford restaurants Stratford tapas Tastings Two Roads Westport wilton Wine Wine Tasting
- RT @chef_plum: @2RoadsBrewing @Chef_JKern @Cokes_Darling ready to rock @2RoadsBrewing tonight kitchen is built and food is going to crush!… 50 minutes ago
- And even more Halloween from @mamasboyct @TheSpreadsono @McFaddensStamCT @HalfFullBrewery @COALHOUSE_PIZZA 2 hours ago
- More Halloween Parties and Events in the 203 wp.me/p1a5jD-5Dr @TheCaskRepublic @FairwayMarket @tiginstamford @SouthEnd_NC 2 hours ago
- Spooky Good Halloween Parties and Events in the 203 wp.me/p1a5jD-5Dr @barbqstamford @GingerManSoNo @GManGreenwich @AltCtrlCT 2 hours ago
- RT @TheCaskRepublic: Tickets still available for the @StillwaterAles beer dinner in #newhaven @OmNomCT @CTGirlAboutTown @CTBites http://t.c… 6 hours ago
- Tomorrow! Almost sold out! Two Roads Sourcopia Beer Release Party and Sourcopia Beer Dinner with Chef Plum: wp.me/p1a5jD-5B1 1 day ago
- @Farm2Jars @localterri Thanks so much! #Wilton #dealsonmeals 1 day ago
- @AdelineJessica @Bistro7Wilton @nakedgreens @littlepubwilton @Jazzeria Awww, thanks. You so nice! 1 day ago