Korobuta (that’s Japanese wild boar)
Think you’re up to the challenge of trying these bad boys out? Well, Rodizio Grill in Stamford is putting you to the test this October. Just stop by for dinner, order the Full Rodizio, and then you’re all set and ready to go. Remember that when you order The Full Rodizio ($34.99 for dinner), you get appetizers, full use of the salad bar, and of course an endless parade of meat. You control the action with your handy-dandy red/green cue. For details about all the meats available and our first experience there, check out our review.
Here’s some info on how these three meats taste:
Rattlesnake: although many people claim the taste is reminiscent of chicken, more people seem to think it’s quite gamier. Some compare it to pheasant or alligator, even.
Bison: leaner and fewer calories than beef, bison is soft, tender, and even has nice marbling to it. Although the flavors from the meat might not be as in your face as a nice Wagyu, it’s still a beautiful cut.
Korobuta: believe it or not, we’ve had this many times. You probably have also. See, the Japanese call it korobuta, but we call it Berkshire pork. The flavor is intense, amazing, and the meat ends up being juicy and full of nice marbling. Oh, the flavor explosions.
Address: 5 Broad Street (next to Target)
Monday – Thursday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-10 pm
Friday – Saturday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-11 pm
Sunday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-10 pm
Recent Top 10 Noms
bbq beer beer dinner Beer tasting breakfast brews Bridgeport Burgers charity chefs Coalhouse Pizza cocktails Coffee Colony Grill Community Plates Connecticut Connecticut events Connecticut Food Blog Contest contests craft beer CT Darien deals downtown Stamford Drinks events Fairfield Fairfield County family events farms farm to table food food blog food events Food Network food truck Food trucks Free fundraiser fundraisers Greenwich Half Full Brewery Hamburgers Hot Dogs Italian local food locavore new canaan New Haven new restaurant new restaurants Norwalk OmNomCT organic pizza Prix Fixe restaurant restaurants review seafood SoNo soup specials Stamford Stamford Museum & Nature Center Stamford restaurants Stratford tapas Tastings Two Roads Westport wilton Wine Wine Tasting
- Back for some more! Line to get in, so busy! (at @BrooklynBrewery w/ @kdel713) foursquare.com/omnomct/checki… 6 hours ago
- @TheCaskRepublic Damn right! 6 hours ago
- In love eith this Margarita de Remolacha, ft. blanco tequila, Combier fresh lime, beet juice. Simple… instagram.com/p/m-m7r8CwaB/ 8 hours ago
- Aye Papi at Gran/Electrica in DUMBO, featuring Mezcal, pineapple, and jalapeno syrup. @ Gran Electrica instagram.com/p/m-j6fICwUN/ 8 hours ago
- @TheCaskRepublic @NEBrewingCo @WachusettBrew @FoolproofBrew @IlBirri @CTBites Wascially wabbit 1 day ago
- @savorysweeteats Grazier,hope things are going well. 1 day ago
- @talkavino Thanks and #ff to ya! 1 day ago
- @FoodiePleasure thanks for the #ff, backatcha 1 day ago