Korobuta (that’s Japanese wild boar)
Think you’re up to the challenge of trying these bad boys out? Well, Rodizio Grill in Stamford is putting you to the test this October. Just stop by for dinner, order the Full Rodizio, and then you’re all set and ready to go. Remember that when you order The Full Rodizio ($34.99 for dinner), you get appetizers, full use of the salad bar, and of course an endless parade of meat. You control the action with your handy-dandy red/green cue. For details about all the meats available and our first experience there, check out our review.
Here’s some info on how these three meats taste:
Rattlesnake: although many people claim the taste is reminiscent of chicken, more people seem to think it’s quite gamier. Some compare it to pheasant or alligator, even.
Bison: leaner and fewer calories than beef, bison is soft, tender, and even has nice marbling to it. Although the flavors from the meat might not be as in your face as a nice Wagyu, it’s still a beautiful cut.
Korobuta: believe it or not, we’ve had this many times. You probably have also. See, the Japanese call it korobuta, but we call it Berkshire pork. The flavor is intense, amazing, and the meat ends up being juicy and full of nice marbling. Oh, the flavor explosions.
Address: 5 Broad Street (next to Target)
Monday – Thursday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-10 pm
Friday – Saturday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-11 pm
Sunday: Lunch:11am-4pm and Dinner: 4 pm-10 pm
Recent Top 10 Noms
The Last 10 Posts
- Marcia Selden Ultimate Holiday Cookie Contest Party, Finalists + Recipes
- Hunter Zampa of Stamford Wins Chopped: Teen Talent
- Red Means Go @ Rouge Brasserie + Oyster Bar in Greenwich, CT
- Epic Noms @ 4B Festival w/ Bacon, BBQ, Bourbon, + Beer
- Win Lidia Bastianich’s newest cookbook, pasta, AND sauce from Fairway Stamford
- Jonesing for burritos? Hit up Tomatillo Taco Joint, now in Stamford
- Tapping into an exclusive preview of Cask Republic Stamford
- Chef Merlin Verrier Dishes about Primary Food & Drink Opening in Greenwich, CT
- Lidia Bastianich Book Signing + Product Tasting @ Fairway in Stamford
- Food Trucks, Shopping, Snacks + Holiday Cheer @ Greenwich Holiday Stroll 2013
bbq beer beer dinner Beer tasting brews Burgers charity chefs Coalhouse Pizza Coffee Colony Grill Community Plates Connecticut Connecticut events Connecticut Food Blog Connecticut restaurants Contest contests craft beer CT Darien deals delivery downtown Stamford Drinks events Fairfield Fairfield County family events farms farm to table food food blog food events Food Network food tasting food truck Food trucks Free fundraiser fundraisers Greenwich Greenwich food blog Hamburgers Harbor Point Hot Dogs Italian local food locavore new canaan New Haven new restaurant new restaurants Norwalk OmNomCT organic pizza Prix Fixe restaurant restaurants review seafood small plates SoNo specials Stamford Stamford Museum & Nature Center Stamford restaurants station eats tapas Two Roads Westport wilton Wine Wine Tasting
- Need something to do? Fairfield County, Connecticut Nomworthy Food, Family, and Fun Events: wp.me/P1a5jD-wf 31 minutes ago
- This Sunday! Who's ready? Marcia Selden Ultimate Holiday Cookie Contest Party, Finalists + Recipes: wp.me/p1a5jD-3Xg 1 hour ago
- Last shot to enter! Win Lidia Bastianich's newest cookbook, pasta, AND sauce from Fairway Stamford: wp.me/p1a5jD-3VU 17 hours ago
- RT @PopShop_Market: GM! Happy Thursday! We r so excited for @PopShop_Market on Sun! Have a good day! @AdelineJessica @CTGirlAboutTown @CTBi… 1 day ago
- @ctgirlonthego @fairfieldista Thanks for sharing today :) 1 day ago
- RT @chef_plum: @BetterTVshow @JamieCalliWFSB @OmNomCT really, hair and make-up... @Cokes_Darling @sarahparkerVA @karasundlun http://t.co/RD… 1 day ago
- @shepherdfood thank you 1 day ago
- @moffly_media Life is tough :p @marciaselden 1 day ago