UPDATE: OmNomCT will be guest judges for the Chef’s Challenge, so make sure to stop on by, eat up, and say hi!
A tradition in the Del Ferraro household is hitting up Maple Sugar Weekend at Stamford Museum & Nature Center. It’s a tradition that we’re not willing to part with and it’s something that we look forward to every single year. Really…we’re talking about a weekend long ode to real maple syrup here. It is what fuels our weekends and brightens our mornings. We’re talking ’bout the real stuff…no fake syrups with weird flavoring. Maple syrup: pure, rich, sweet, oh so good.
Just a brief refresher course:
You can come by Saturday (3/2), Sunday (3/3), or both days! Tickets are $5 for members, $10 for non-members. Family Plus members or above and children 3 and under are free. Buy at SM&NC or make things speedy by buying tix online for 3/2 or 3/3.
Click here to purchase tickets for Saturday, March 2.
Click here to purchase tickets for Sunday, March 3.
Maple Sugar-loaded Fun!
Saturday and Sunday
- Buy your own SM&NC maple syrup…we buy a full year’s worth, actually!
See how maple syrup is made with crafting demos at the sugarhouse!
- See how trees are tapped and maple syrup is collected.
- Make a maple-themed craft and/or get your face painted.
- Go on a scavenger hunt.
- Say hi to all our favorite animals. Also, check out their brand new guinea pig! :)
- First County Bank Maple Sugar Festival Weekend Chef’s Challenge, 2013
- Local chefs compete against each other to see who can use SM&NC maple syrup the best. You get to sample all the goodies they make and you get to vote in the winner. Last year, David’s Soundview Catering won. Will they keep their crown, or will there be a new winner? We loved all the food last year and we can’t wait to try out everything in a few weeks! Check out the contestants from 11:30-1:30 in the Bendel Mansion:
- Pancake brunch from 11-2 pm (just an extra $5)