This is no April Fools’ joke: Rive Bistro will open in Westport on April 1. This new restaurant will overlook the Saugatuck River and will, undoubtedly, become a great place to take a date, to wind down, or to just enjoy a great meal. The menu, put together by Chef and owner Eric Sierra, is focused on the rich and elegant flavors of French food, but most notably “sans pretense,” as noted in a recent press release. Chef Sierra knows French food, too. He grew up in Biarritz on the Bay of Biscay in Southwest France. Years ago, he hit up Westport and opened Bistro des Amis and then opened up Il Palio in Shelton.
And now he’s going to work his magic with Rive Bistro. There will be plenty of room inside of the “urban-chic” restaurant with plenty of seating (75) and enough room for 15 people at the bar. Speaking of the bar, the wine menu will focus on French wines, but there will also be other great options for California and Italian wines, too. Also, you’ll find lots of different cocktails and martinis to order from. This will also be a great place to dine al fresco with about 50 guests being able to sit outside on the patio.
Finishing things up, let’s look at some of the items that will be featured:
- Duck and Foie Gras Sausage with warm green lentil salad
- Charcuterie Board with jambon
- Frisée au Lardon with crouton, soft poached egg, and warm bacon vinaigrette;
- House Made Merguez Lamb Sausage Sandwich with sautéed onions, bell peppers and harissa aioli
- Croque-Monsieur with imported ham, Gruyère cheese, and béchamel
- Duck Confit with fingerling potato, wild mushrooms and frisée
- Moules Frites Provençale prepared with garlic, tomato, fresh herbs, served with French fries
- Roasted Lamb Loin atop ratatouilles, served with potato gratin
- Steak Frites, a NY strip loin with black peppercorn sauce, garlic butter or Roquefort sauce