Blogging ain’t easy, yo. While we might have plans to only go out once or twice a week, sometimes events come up, or you’re invited to a special dinner. And, sometimes the food or event is just too good to resist. So, to get more tone and to be able to keep up with our lifestyle (don’t you feel sorry for us?), we began Power 90 with Mr. Tony Horton. We’re halfway through the program and will be starting P90X pretty soon. In between that time, we’ll be building up more stamina with some running, preparing us to run Warrior Dash in September. Rawwwrrrr! Now, we mention this because one of the toughest (but oddly most relaxing) parts of Power 90 is the part of the stretch routine when you do yoga poses such as Upward Dog, Downward Dog, Plank, Warrior, and Crescent. It’s amazing how tone we’ve become just from “simple” yoga poses.
Bottlerocket in Westport must have known what we were up to because they created a series of Yoga events each Saturday in June. The yoga sessions will last from 4:30-5:30 and afterwards you’ll be treated to tastings of summer wines and craft brews. Each class costs only $25 or you can steal all four classes for $85. The class will be led by Maggie Converse (awesome last name, btw) who is a yoga instructor and Certified Holistic Health Coach from Weston. Beginners are welcome, too, because the classes are “open level,” and suitable for any experience type. For each event, make sure to bring a mat and wear comfortable clothes. Also, in the most awesome news, you can bring your dog around. So, our only question is: does a dog naturally do Upward Dog and Downward Dog without trying? If you take your best friend along, they also have a dog biscuit jar to reward your buddy for being so good. Is their such thing as a lazy dog pose?
And, after the tasting, you’ll definitely want to check out the shop and their amazing variety…especially how they organize wines by themes and types of food.
Here are the dates: June 1, June 8, June 15, and June 22.
Recent Top 10 Noms
The Last 10 Posts
- Must Attend: Stone and Goose Island Beer Dinners @ Ginger Man Norwalk + Greenwich
- CT Beer WEEKS 2014: 2x Big, 2x Brews, 2x Awesome
- Shebeen Brewing Hosting Annivesary Party with Ted’s Food Truck, Fryborg, Cornhole, Tours, Beer, and More
- The Dark Crystal Themed Cocktails and Party Before Cult Classic Night at Avon Theatre- Stamford, CT
- Chefs Pasternack, Storch, and Taibe Face Off at Battle of the Chefs for Founder Hall Fundraiser
- _______ Wins the Pair of Tickets to Hops + Grapes, Toasts + Tastes
- Get $10 off your PAWS Uncorked: A Taste for Rescue ticket
- Food Trucks, Demos, Living Green + More @ Fairfield’s Earth Day Celebration 2014
- Can It: Half Full Brewery Begins Canning, Soon to Hit Stores
- Vinny’s Backyard Goes Pink to Raise $ for Breast Cancer Treatment + Support – Stamford, CT
bbq beer beer dinner Beer tasting breakfast brews Bridgeport Burgers charity chefs Coalhouse Pizza cocktails Coffee Colony Grill Community Plates Connecticut Connecticut events Connecticut Food Blog Contest contests craft beer CT Darien deals downtown Stamford Drinks events Fairfield Fairfield County family events farms farm to table food food blog food events Food Network food truck Food trucks Free fundraiser fundraisers Greenwich Half Full Brewery Hamburgers Hot Dogs Italian local food locavore new canaan New Haven new restaurant new restaurants Norwalk OmNomCT organic pizza Prix Fixe restaurant restaurants review seafood SoNo soup specials Stamford Stamford Museum & Nature Center Stamford restaurants Stratford tapas Tastings Two Roads Westport wilton Wine Wine Tasting
- Must Attend: @StoneBrewingCo and @GooseIsland Beer Dinners at @GingerManSoNo @GManGreenwich : wp.me/p1a5jD-4IO 1 day ago
- @123LarryBs @CTBeerTrail Thanks for the shares :) 1 day ago
- @booshabear @StamAdvocate Thanks for sharing 1 day ago
- RT @TheCaskRepublic: @TanduayUSA #infused w/ #rubyred #grapefruits & #fresh #tarragon #rubytuesday #caskhaven @OmNomCT #summer #cocktails h… 1 day ago
- @BeerdBrewing Thanks for sharing. Guess that we'll see lots of Beer'd during CT Beer Weeks? ;) 1 day ago
- Zap Your Tastebuds at @zeppoleme in Portchester, New York! wp.me/p1CWkL-CE via @SundayDiners 1 day ago
- @Squatopotamus Thanks so much for sharing :) 1 day ago
- The first half of CT Beer Weeks coincides with American Craft Beer Week this year! wp.me/p1a5jD-4I2 #BeerWeek1 #ACBW 1 day ago