Blogging ain’t easy, yo. While we might have plans to only go out once or twice a week, sometimes events come up, or you’re invited to a special dinner. And, sometimes the food or event is just too good to resist. So, to get more tone and to be able to keep up with our lifestyle (don’t you feel sorry for us?), we began Power 90 with Mr. Tony Horton. We’re halfway through the program and will be starting P90X pretty soon. In between that time, we’ll be building up more stamina with some running, preparing us to run Warrior Dash in September. Rawwwrrrr! Now, we mention this because one of the toughest (but oddly most relaxing) parts of Power 90 is the part of the stretch routine when you do yoga poses such as Upward Dog, Downward Dog, Plank, Warrior, and Crescent. It’s amazing how tone we’ve become just from “simple” yoga poses.
Bottlerocket in Westport must have known what we were up to because they created a series of Yoga events each Saturday in June. The yoga sessions will last from 4:30-5:30 and afterwards you’ll be treated to tastings of summer wines and craft brews. Each class costs only $25 or you can steal all four classes for $85. The class will be led by Maggie Converse (awesome last name, btw) who is a yoga instructor and Certified Holistic Health Coach from Weston. Beginners are welcome, too, because the classes are “open level,” and suitable for any experience type. For each event, make sure to bring a mat and wear comfortable clothes. Also, in the most awesome news, you can bring your dog around. So, our only question is: does a dog naturally do Upward Dog and Downward Dog without trying? If you take your best friend along, they also have a dog biscuit jar to reward your buddy for being so good. Is their such thing as a lazy dog pose?
And, after the tasting, you’ll definitely want to check out the shop and their amazing variety…especially how they organize wines by themes and types of food.
Here are the dates: June 1, June 8, June 15, and June 22.
Recent Top 10 Noms
The Last 10 Posts
- The Meat Truck Chomps Down on New Haven and Sets Paws on Fairfield County
- Take a Culinary Tour Through Latin America via Aarón Sánchez’s Paloma in Harbor Point, Stamford
- From Catering Intern, to Chopped, to Kitchen Pro: an Exclusive Interview with Hannah Bukzin of Westport, 14
- CT Food + Beer News, Vol. 13: Openings, Closings, Parties, and Drinks
- In-depth w/ Kory Wollins of BSF: Burgers, Making Mooz, Life, and the Heart of a Perfectionist.
- SWEET! Sour’d in September Beer Festival Hosted by Captain Lawrence Brewery ft. 50+ Breweries
- Fairway’s Firefighters Food Face-Off, Free BBQ, Games, Music, Samples, + Customer Appreciation Day!
- CT Food + Beer News, Vol. 12: Summer Fun, Food Truck Festivals, Openings, CT Beer, and More…
- Pork in the Park Chef Demos and Event Schedule Released
- Kickin’ It (Latin) Root Down at Tierra in Westport: CT Restaurant Review
bbq beer beer dinner Beer tasting breakfast breweries brews Bridgeport Burgers charity chefs Coalhouse Pizza cocktails Coffee Community Plates Connecticut Connecticut events Connecticut Food Blog Contest contests craft beer CT Darien deals downtown Stamford Drinks events Fairfield Fairfield County family events farms farm to table food food blog food events Food Network food truck Food trucks Free fundraiser fundraisers Greenwich half full Half Full Brewery Hamburgers Harbor Point Hot Dogs local food locavore new canaan New Haven new restaurant new restaurants Norwalk OmNomCT organic pizza Prix Fixe restaurant restaurants review SoNo soup specials Stamford Stamford Museum & Nature Center Stamford restaurants Stratford tapas Tastings Two Roads Westport wilton Wine Wine Tasting
- RT @NikkieEdmonds: Hey @OmNomCT @AdelineJessica @JasonVargaCT and @GribWrites - Tuesday @COALHOUSE_PIZZA has the rescheduled bourbon class … 14 hours ago
- @TheMeatTruckco Chomps Down on New Haven and Sets Paws on Fairfield County: wp.me/p1a5jD-5jF #foodtruck 16 hours ago
- @dougkneissl No, straight from the source! 1 day ago
- Opening Thursday! Long Live The Stamford Beer Garden! Coming Soon to Shippan Landing: wp.me/p1a5jD-59P via @OmNomCT 1 day ago
- @ctbookkeeper Oh, they sure were! :) 1 day ago
- RT @cmhughes79: Time to eat crow. I look at @NewEnglandBrew, @Beerdbrewing, and more in my guide to the booming CT beer scene. http://t.co… 1 day ago
- Take a Culinary Tour Through Latin America via @Chef_Aaron's Paloma in Harbor Point, Stamford : wp.me/p1a5jD-5iA #review 1 day ago
- @moffly_media HOLY CRAP! Get it away! 2 days ago