Blogging ain’t easy, yo. While we might have plans to only go out once or twice a week, sometimes events come up, or you’re invited to a special dinner. And, sometimes the food or event is just too good to resist. So, to get more tone and to be able to keep up with our lifestyle (don’t you feel sorry for us?), we began Power 90 with Mr. Tony Horton. We’re halfway through the program and will be starting P90X pretty soon. In between that time, we’ll be building up more stamina with some running, preparing us to run Warrior Dash in September. Rawwwrrrr! Now, we mention this because one of the toughest (but oddly most relaxing) parts of Power 90 is the part of the stretch routine when you do yoga poses such as Upward Dog, Downward Dog, Plank, Warrior, and Crescent. It’s amazing how tone we’ve become just from “simple” yoga poses.
Bottlerocket in Westport must have known what we were up to because they created a series of Yoga events each Saturday in June. The yoga sessions will last from 4:30-5:30 and afterwards you’ll be treated to tastings of summer wines and craft brews. Each class costs only $25 or you can steal all four classes for $85. The class will be led by Maggie Converse (awesome last name, btw) who is a yoga instructor and Certified Holistic Health Coach from Weston. Beginners are welcome, too, because the classes are “open level,” and suitable for any experience type. For each event, make sure to bring a mat and wear comfortable clothes. Also, in the most awesome news, you can bring your dog around. So, our only question is: does a dog naturally do Upward Dog and Downward Dog without trying? If you take your best friend along, they also have a dog biscuit jar to reward your buddy for being so good. Is their such thing as a lazy dog pose?
And, after the tasting, you’ll definitely want to check out the shop and their amazing variety…especially how they organize wines by themes and types of food.
Here are the dates: June 1, June 8, June 15, and June 22.
Recent Top 10 Noms
The Last 10 Posts
- Chefs Bill Taibe and Wirt Cook Headline Outstanding in the Field Dinners at The Hickories in Ridgefield, CT
- Hoptimists Rejoice: Half Full Brewery of Stamford Expands into Hartford, Windham, and Tolland Counties…and???
- Please Nominate OmNomCT in Saveur’s Best Food Blog Awards Contest
- Major Noms: Willett Bourbon Dinner with Master Distiller Drew Kulsveen at Plan B Stamford
- Merci Beaucoup: Marc Penvenne of Méli-Mélo Relaunches Versailles in Greenwich
- Deals on Meals: 2014 Wilton Restaurant Week Features 19 Spots
- Fair Tomatoes: A Story About Justice, Dignity, and Sustainability movie screening at Franklin Street Works
- Bodega Taco Bar Brings Food Truck and Catering to Connecticut!
- This Sunday: Sustainable Food + Farm Expo 2014 to Benefit Audubon Greenwich
- Dina Cheney of Cos Cob Signs Copies of Meatless All Day at Stew Leonard’s Norwalk
bbq beer beer dinner Beer tasting breakfast brews Bridgeport Burgers charity chefs Coalhouse Pizza cocktails Coffee Colony Grill Community Plates Connecticut Connecticut events Connecticut Food Blog Contest contests craft beer CT Darien deals downtown Stamford Drinks events Fairfield Fairfield County family events farms farm to table food food blog food events Food Network food truck Food trucks Free fundraiser fundraisers Greenwich Half Full Brewery Hamburgers Hot Dogs Italian local food locavore new canaan New Haven new restaurant new restaurants Norwalk OmNomCT organic pizza Prix Fixe restaurant restaurants review seafood SoNo soup specials Stamford Stamford Museum & Nature Center Stamford restaurants Stratford tapas Tastings Two Roads Westport wilton Wine Wine Tasting
- I messed up! The bartending at @Bistro7Wilton for @communityplates is THURSDAY, not Wednesday! Sorry wp.me/p1a5jD-4lH 9 hours ago
- RT @localterri: Cannoli Nachos to celebrate Henry's Birthday. instagram.com/p/lbDLJzGF8r/ 9 hours ago
- @trishm426 @CTGirlAboutTown @communityplates @Bistro7Wilton Thanks! We can't wait to bartend! 10 hours ago
- Thanks for sharing! We hope to visit one of the CT days. 10 hours ago
- RT @TheSoNoLife: TheSoNoLife Daily is out! paper.li/thesonolife/13… Stories via @Jerrod_TheHour @iBattlePromo @OmNomCT 10 hours ago
- @TheSoNoLife Thanks for including us! 10 hours ago
- @GoingGreenie Thanks for sharing! 10 hours ago
- RT @HunterZampa: chefhunterz.com/blog/?p=213 .@irstamford .@SM_NC .@news12ctkathryn .@EatStamford .@OmNomCT 10 hours ago