Craft beer has become the focus, more and more, of bars and restaurants in Downtown Stamford. Perhaps it’s because Half Full Brewery is just a few miles away, producing beer, perhaps it’s also because the craft brew revival has been going on for quite a while now. People not only want good beer, they want variety, they want to try something unique, something they never had before. And, while many places in Downtown Stamford can offer up some great beer choices, Summer Street will soon have the ultimate beer destination, paired with an American Tavern/gastropub kinda vibe.
Yes. Cask Republic is opening in the former Ferrante spot, 191 Summer Street.
What does that mean for you and Stamford?
Well, here’s a little introduction:
- Cask Republic is a very popular spot in New Haven
- Cask Republic is the brother restaurant to Ginger Man SoNo and Greenwich.
- Like Ginger Man, you can lots of beer on tap (they have 53 at Cask Republic New Haven)
- They’ll have lots of unique, rare, and limited edition bottles too.
- And, like Ginger Man, they’ll be offering beer dinners and events.
- As their name suggests, you can expect to find one-of-a-kind cask conditioned beers
- As for food, you definitely have an upscale kinda gastropub kind of vibe
When we get more information, we’ll definitely get back to you with a much more detailed post. In the meantime, think about October…that’s when Cask Republic should be open.
Congratulations to owner Christian Burns and all the new staff of Cask Republic!
The Cask Republic Stamford
191 Summer Street