It seemed like it was the perfect idea: give Metro North customers (and locals) a few good things to make their morning better and the commute into NYC just a little bit more manageable. And, Steam Coffee Bar did just that when they opened up inside the Green’s Farms train station. There Briana Pennel and Chris Barrett had created a coffee shop that featured CT-based Shearwater Coffee Roasters, breakfast sandwiches, and plenty of freshly baked goods and pastries courtesy of Briana.
To say they’ve been successful would be a gross understatement. In fact, the community and commuters have embraced them. Well, there will be lots more embracing and thanking as Steam Coffee Bar opens up their second location at the Westport (aka Saugatuck) station. The ribbon cutting is this Friday, so get ready Westport! Once opened, their hours will be 5 am – 3 pm during the week and they’ll even be open from 8 am – 3 pm on Saturdays.
While you’re there at their brand new Westport location, there will be a few things to check out:
- Check out the renovations from this Pre-Civil War era building:
- 4 electric car charging stations in the eastbound parking lot
- 27 kilowatt solar panel system that powers the station house
- Plenty of seating
- Free wifi courtesy of the Town of Westport
- In addition to their current selection, more options from Grass Rxoots including organic food, fresh pressed juice, and lots more (it’s all soy/corn/gluten/dairy/GMO/peanut free)
- You can even now pay digitally!
Steam Coffee Bar – Winter Hours
Westport Train Station:
Monday through Friday: 5AM – 3PM
Saturday: 8AM – 3PM
Green’s Farms Train Station
Monday through Friday: 5AM – 11AM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed