Bzzzy this weekend? How about some holiday fun, sweetened up with locally produced Red Bee Honey? If you’re not familiar with Red Bee Honey, then let us share just a little bit o’ information. Red Bee Honey is run by Marina Marchese, an expert and pioneer in all things honey. First off, she studied honey tasting in Montalcino, Italy. Did you know that you could study honey tasting? Awesome! In fact, she discovered that different variables such as pollen, climate, and soil can create differences in taste. Don’t believe us? Check out TheNibble.com for varieties of honey, along with their colors and tasting notes.
Red Bee Artisanal Honey is a single-origin honey, meaning that it’s not collected from different places across the country or world. It’s local, it’s pure, and it’s un-putzed-around-with. Marina Marchese has also written a book about her experience called Honeybee: Lessons from an Accidental Beekeeper, she is founder of The American Honey Tasting Society, and her apiology (we had to look that word up) knowledge has been sought after by Eataly, The Food Network, Yahoo!, The Chew, and more. You’ll find the sweet stuff at Red Bee Cottage, local markets, or at restaurants such as Terrain (remember when we ate awesome scallops with English peas, Terrain bacon, horseradish, and locally awesome Red Bee Honey?)
So, it’s time to meet Marina, taste some Red Bee Honey, and bring some goodies home for yourself, your friends, and anybody else you’d like to woo.
Check her out at:
Design Solutions (146 Elm Street) during the opening night of the New Canaan Holiday Stroll
- 11/30 from 6-8 pm (check out full schedule of events for the Holiday Stroll here)
- Honey tasting
- Marina will be signing copies of Honeybee!
Red Bee Honey Holiday Open House
- 12/1 from 10 am – 4 pm and 12/2 from 11 am – 4 pm
- Red Bee Cottage @ 77 Lyons Plain Road in Weston, CT
- Live music, hot cider, honey tasting, fireside social
- Annual holiday sale with handmade soaps, candles, beauty products, and more
- Marina will again be signing copies of her book, Honeybee