A couple of weeks ago we broke the news that one of our favorite burger joints, Beach Burger had closed. In its place, we discovered would be a pizza place. We weren’t sure Norwalk needed another pizza shop in the area, but then we heard from friend of OmNomCT, Joe Sforza. His dad is opening Dino’s Pizza Pie up on February 18 in that spot and Joe will be the manager. While some might say it’s another pizza joint, we’ve eaten at Via Sforza and the food is warm, rustic, and authentic Italian. Dino will be carrying over the quality, recipes, and passion for great Italian flavors to this location.
Think of it is a pizzeria with a heart of classic Italian food. Here are some of the dishes that you just might want to order:
- Pizza: Quattro Stagione (a classic we had in Rome, literally four seasons) with mooz, sauce, prosciutto, capers, mushrooms, and artichokes
- Appetizers: Burrata with cucumbers and marinated fresh tomatoes.
- Salads and Soups: Fried Calamari Salad with Romaine and hot cherry peppers, dressed in Caesar.
- Pasta: Cavatelli Nonna with arugula, fresh tomatoes and onions in a light tomato sauce with garlic, topped with shaved ricotta salata.
- Grinders & wraps: Sausage, peppers, and onions. Doesn’t get better or more simple than that!
- Stromboli & calzone: They have two standard options to pick from and also have 23 fillings available for you to make your own masterpiece.
But, Dino is no stranger to Norwalk. From 1983 to 1992, Dino and his wife Maria dished out pizza pies at Dino’s Pizza at their County Mall location. Seeing the success of their place, they decided to open up Via Sforza which just celebrated its 20th anniversary. And now we have Dino’s Pizza Pie, born again!
We wish Dino, Maria, Joe, and the Sforza family lots of success with their new (or renewed) endeavor.
Dino’s Pizza Pie
Address: 10 1st Street
Norwalk, CT 06855
Phone: (203) 866-DINO