The Connecticut Chili Cup.
Is it a cup, literary made of chili?
Is it a cup that holds chili peppers?
Is it a cup given in honor of The Red Hot Chili Peppers?
Okay, okay, we know you just want the details, so out with them:
To enter, you’ll need to call up (203) 226-6328 to reserve one of the 25 spots.
The entry fee is $75 and that will get you, according to their FB post:
– Competition entry for you and one teammate to the first annual The Connecticut Chili Classic, April 14 at SoNo Marketplace in Norwalk
– 15% off competition-related meat purchases at Craft Butchery
– Access to commercial kitchen space on 4/13 and 4/14 for producing your competition chili
– Catering trays, serving utensils, Sterno heaters, gloves and trash bags
– Connecticut Chili Classic competitor t-shirts
Lots of luck to all the competitors and a big shout out to Saugatuck Craft Butchery and SoNo Marketplace for putting this great event on. Through chili and good food they are bringing the community together, spoonful by spoonful.