If you didn’t know, Dan teaches middle school English. So, it’s no surprise that he values reading, literacy, and the pursuit of knowledge. Hey, life isn’t about just food. Also, we both value libraries. They educate, they bring the community together, and they move the world ahead. That being said, we are all aware of the money crisis throughout America and we know that libraries often end up on the chopping block. And, being former Stamford residents, we have seen hours cut and worse, but we have also seen people work together to keep the local library system going. For example, local businesses such as Citizens Bank and Pitney Bowes have sponsored Sunday hours at The Ferguson Library.
And, another major source of funds comes from The Ferguson Library’s annual fundraiser, A Novel Affair. This year the food, drinks, music, fun, and auctions are going down on Thursday, 4/25, starting at 6 pm. Tickets are $125 and can be purchased here. Let’s share with you some of the amazing things that you can look forward to:
- Open bar
- Wine and beer tastings from BevMax
- Beer tasting from Charter Oak Brewing Company of New Canaan
- Beer tasting from Half Full Brewery of Stamford
- Beer tasting from Southport Brewing Company of Connecticut
Noms (that’s food in our language)
- Bar Q BBQ and Saloon
- David’s Soundview Catering
- DiMare Pastry Shop
- Greenwich Staffing
- La Dolce Vita Chocolates & More
- Napa & Co
- New Wave Seafood
- Remo’s Brick Oven Pizza
- Susan Kane Catering
- Tabouli Grill
- Killer smooth jazz from Cookie Thomas and his band
- It’s not illusion…check out “conjuror” Ryan Oakes!
We hope you can make it to support The Ferguson Library and the local Stamford community. See you there!
A Novel Affair
$125 per person
4/25, starting at 6 PM