The Old Greenwich Merchants are coming together and throwing their annual big bash tonight (6/29), starting at 6 and probably going to around 9 (or maybe later, who knows?). This block party, as you can tell by the graphic up top, is taking place on OG’s main drag: Sound Beach Avenue. Starting at 4 the police will block off Sound Beach Ave. by the Mobil Gas Station, but fear not…there are plenty of places to park nearby. Once you’ve parked get ready for:
- Family fun like a face painter or bouncy castle (do you think they’d let us on the bouncy castle?)
- Conquering the mechanical bull!
- Listening to three live bands.
Drinking some good sudsy brews from the Sierra Nevada Beer Truck (oh hell yes).
- Noming away on some BBQ from Bobby Q’s Pit Stop, some seafood inspired dishes from Beach House Cafe, and the awesomeness of Garden Catering.
- Playing some games! Who doesn’t love games? Answer: no one who we’d want to see at a block party. W00t w00t!
If all of that isn’t enough to drag you down, then realize that your drinking and eating will do good. That’s because a portion of the proceeds will be given to the Sound Beach Volunteer Fire Department.