We told you all about Live Green Connecticut last year and guess what…this annual festival is back and greener than ever! This two day event (9/14 from 10-4 and 9/15 from 11-4) will be held at Taylor Farm in Norwalk. Admission is free, but parking is $5 per car. So, think green, share your ride, and save some cash. And, believe it or not, all the waste from this year’s festival will be composted by Sustainable America (we think Jeremy Kranowitz is the man)! Now, let’s go through some of the awesome things going on at Live Green, CT!
- Skinny Pines Pizza: they keep it green by using local ingredients in their pies.
- The Stand Juice Company: they’ll be offering up the freshest of foods including juices, smoothies, salads, and sandwiches.
- Green Leaf Organic Bakery & Cafe: they’re keeping things natural and will be offering up yummy tarts, a chocolate souffle, cookies, quiches, sandwiches, and more.
- LobsterCraft (Sunday): our favorite lobster roll. Captain Mike catches many of the lobsters himself and knows how to keep it local.
- Melt Mobile (Saturday): the girls of Melt Mobile use local and only the best ingredients and it comes through in their awesome sandwiches. They’ll have dessert sandwiches, too!
- Maddy’s Food Truck: they’ll be offering up Caribbean classics like crispy conch, a Creole fish sandwich, jerk chicken, and griot and plantains.
- Tacos El Azteca: you’ll get your choice of tacos, quesadillas, burritos, and even tortas.
- Cowabunga Grill: Ben will be grilling up burgers, dogs, and Philly cheesesteaks.
- Elm City Kettle Corn: um, who doesn’t love kettle corn?
- Island Cow Ice Cream: keeping it real with organic milk and cream. Check out flavors like lemon, ginger, red raspberry, and wild Maine blueberry.
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand: Connecticut Moms Online will be selling lemonade and baked goodies to help benefit Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
- Test drive a Ford eco-friendly car and get a $10 Visa card.
- Check out the smoking hot Tesla Model S and Tesla Roadsters! We so want those cars…they are SICK!
- See how awesome the Frito-Lay natural gas vehicle is.
- Check out how you can do some home improvement and still keep it green with Aitoro and Ring’s End.
- Look at all the cute dogs from Adopt-a-Dog and take your new buddy to his forever home.
- Speaking of dogs, you can bring your leashed dog along. :)