Last year we put together a list of food festivals going on throughout Fairfield County and included in that list was the first annual Westport Rotary Lobster Fest. It was a giant surf & turf fest on Compo Beach that pulled in 750 people. This year on 9/21 from 3-7 pm they’re hoping for even more people and have set the ticket limit at 1,500 people! The cost for a steak or lobster dinner is $40 or you can get a child’s meal for just $10. You can buy them online (click on the Lobster Fest link then buy whatever option you’d like), from a Westport Rotarian, or at Joey’s by the Shore at Compo Beach. But, buy them by September 19 because that’s the last day for ticket purchases!
Now, let’s go through what you’ll get for attending Lobster Fest 2013:
Your choice of meal:
- A 1.5 pound lobster with corn, red potatoes, cole slaw, bread + butter, peppermint patties for dessert, and all the wine and beer (featuring Beaver Beer) you can drink.
- A juicy 14 oz. NY Strip Steak with everything mentioned above.
- For children 12 or younger, pick from hot dogs or chicken fingers, chips, and your choice of water or soda.
- For the family and the big kids, Touch of Magic will have a magician and will be making balloon animals.
- Live music from Terrapin (formerly known as Ship of Fools, a Grateful Dead cover band.)
Also, if you’d like to volunteer and help out, e-mail Leslie Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org. For helping out, you’ll get your very own Volunteer Lobster Fest T-shirt, too!