What started as two women, Julie Levitt and Dana Noorily, making granola in Westport, soon expanded out to more of Connecticut. Now, when you look at where OATS Granola is sold, you’d be amazed to see that it’s sold not only in CT, but also in NY and MA too. And, after trying four of their flavors, we definitely see why OATS has become so popular, even being placed for sale in Whole Foods Markets and The Fresh Market.
Well, Julie and Dana will be giving you another way to get your OATS: right at their brand new restaurant, The Granola Bar. It’s located in Playhouse Square at 275 Post Road East and is set to open on December 6. There won’t be just granola, though.
Starting off, you’ll be able to get your caffeine fix at The Granola Bar with the help of barista Crissi Grimaldi. Whether you want some drip coffee, a pour over, shots of espresso, a capp, a latte, tea, tea latte, dirty chai, or whatever…they’ve got you covered. And, if you happen to be a latte fiend, they’ve got 5 different styles: Mocha, Nutella, Turkish, Salted Caramel, and even Peppermint Mocha.
You’ll also need some food when you come by to nom away at The Granola Bar and that’s where Chef Jes Bengston comes in. She’ll has prepared a menu that will be perfect for anyone who comes for eating in or picking up. Yes, you’ll be able to get granola with milk or even get a sampler of 4 granolas with a side of yogurt…but as we said before, it’s not just about the crunchy stuff here. There will be a nice variety of breakfast foods available such as Bacon, Egg, and Cheese on bread, bagels with toppings, egg souflee du jour, and even the Half Bubby: half a bagel with chive cream cheese and house-cured salmon.
If you’re trying to eat a bit lighter, they’ll have salads too, served up with their house made Green Goddess, Ranch, Balsamic Vinaigrette, and House dressings:
- The Salad Bowl: Your choice of mixed greens, romaine, spinach, kale or quinoa and four toppings (protein extra charge)
- The Upper West Side: Mixed greens, salmon, egg, avocado, tomato, bagel croutons with your choice of dressing
- The Naughty Cobb: Chicken, egg, bacon, feta, peppers, tomato, cucumber, maple-bacon granola with your choice of dressing
- gOATS: Mixed greens, beets, goat cheese, Morning Zest granola with balsamic reduction
- Karma: Kale, shaved parmesan, cherry tomatoes, sea salt, house dressing
- The Plaza: Pears, caramelized walnuts and pecans, gorgonzola, dried cranberries, house dressing
- Veggie Bowl: Warm roasted seasonal vegetables with house made hummus served over quinoa
And, yes, panini too, served with sweet potato chips or greens:
- Thanksgiving: Turkey, house made stuffing, fresh cranberries, cranberry aioli with a side of gravy for dipping
- TGB BLT: Bacon, arugula, tomato, avocado, herb aioli on multigrain
- Challaback!: Nutella, sliced banana, OATS cinnamon honey granola on challah
- The Usual: Tomato, fresh basil, mozzarella on ciabatta
- The Jewel: Chicken, brie, fig jam, apple, caramelized onions
There are also sandwiches, wraps, oatmeal, power and vitamin shots, and even smoothies. They’ll be open each day from 6:30 until 4 pm, so you could stop by and pick up a quick breakfast or lunch, or even just hang out and relax. Adding even more excitement to the mix is The Granola Bar Food Truck (affectionately known as Blanche), strutting its stuff in a bright purple color. They’ve been around town and events and they plan to take this golden girl out for lots of food, granola, and coffee trips when the weather starts getting nicer. You should be following The Granola Bar on Facebook, Twitter, and Instragram to get the scoop on locations and to keep up with specials (yes, there will be seasonal and even weekly specials) and more.
Congratulations ladies! You ready to take Westport by storm?
The Granola Bar
Address: Playhouse Square
275 Post Road East
Westport, CT 06880
Phone: (203) 906-2244
Hours: 6:30 am – 4 pm