Your typical bar has 8 different beers on tap, of which half are usually piss-poor excuses for beer. We won’t name any names, but you can probably guess what we’re talking ’bout. And, even at home, maybe you have a few different brews in your fridge, but wouldn’t it be awesome to have over 300 different kinds of beer ready for drinking?
Dumb question. Of course it would.
That’s where the 2014 Big Brew New York Festival comes in, held on 2/8 from 4-8:30 at the Westchester County Center in White Plains. While this festival isn’t new (it’s held twice a year in NJ), this is the first time that it’s hit NY. You’ll be in a state of complete hoppiness with the unlimited beer tastings in your fancy schmancy 4 oz. tasting glass. We’re talking about over 300 different brews and that doesn’t even include the special beers that will be available to VIPs. Also, there will be lots of local restaurants on hand selling some awesome food.
But wait, there’s certainly more…there will be live music, vendors, beer and brewing experts, and two other special events. First up is a special beer and chocolate tasting demo with 2 Chicks with Chocolate (from South River in Joisseey). And, you’ll also be able to talk and meet with John Holl, author of The American Craft Beer Cookbook, editor of All About Beer Magazine, and host of The Beer Briefing on iHeart Radio.
Now, let’s go through the pricing and what you get because tix are going fast and are discounted until the end of 2013.
All the food and entertainment, but you promise to be the life saver of the group and drive every tipsy-headed friend home. There’s a special place in heaven for you.
General Audience: $40 before 12/31, $50 after (5-8:30 pm)
Unlimited tastings, food available for purchase, vendors, and lots of entertainment.
VIP: $70 before 12/31, $80 after (4-8:30 pm)
You get to scope out the Big Brew Fest an hour before anyone else to start off. We did this for the Harbor Brew Fest this year and it was certainly awesome and we’d never do it another way again. In addition, there will be a killer “beer-infused” food buffet set up for VIPs from John Holl, the author of The American Craft Beer Cookbook. In addition, there will be over 25 rare brews for tasting such as an amazing tasting flight of Schneider Aventinus 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. Oh hell yes.
While the restaurants that are involved haven’t been released yet, we do know quite a few of the breweries. Just seconds away from signing up is Stamford’s own Half Full Brewery and we’re also very excited to see that Captain Lawrence of Elmsford will be there too. Here’s just a glimpse of the breweries and some of their brews they are bringing along. See the full list here:
- Abita Beer: Purple Haze, Andygator, Turbodog, Jockomo IPA
- Allagash: White, Black, Triple, Dubbel
- Andechs: Doppelbock, Weiss, Helles, Dunkel Weiss
- Ballast Point: Sculpin, Victory at Sea, Big Eye, Longfin
- Bear Republic: Racer 5, Red Rocket, a tba speciality brew
- Bell’s: Two Hearted, Winter White, Amber, Porter
- Blue Point: Mosiac IPA, Toasted Lager, Hoptical Illusion, Rastafarrye Ale
- Breckenridge: Nitro Vanilla Porter, Vanilla Porter, Agave Wheat
- Brew Dog: Punk IPA, 5am Saint, Hardcore
- Brewery Ommegang: Abbey, 3 Philosophers, Hennepin, Witte
- Brooklyn: Lager, tba seasonal, Ales
- Butternuts: Pork Slap, Moo Stout, Henniweis, Snapperhead IPA
- Cisco: Whale’s Tale, Grey Lady, India IPA
- City Island: American Style Pale Ale
- Clown Shoes: Clementine and Tramp Stamp
- Defiant: Tripel and Medusa
- Dogfish Head: tba seasonal
- Founders: All Day IPA, Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale and a tba speciality
- Full Sail: Amber, #6 Black Bock, IPA, Bourbon Imperial Stout, Session Lager, Session Black
- Green Flash: West Coast IPA, Hop Odyssey, Hop Head Red, Double Stout
- Greenport Harbor: Black Duck Porter and Harbor Ale
- Harpoon: Rich and Dan’s Rye IPA, Long Thaw White IPA, 100 Barrel Speciality tba
- Hitachino – Kuichi: White Ale, Espresso, and Ginger
- Lagunitas: IPA, Little Sumptin, Pils, Maximus
- Magic Hat: #9, tab seasonal, Dream Machine, Seagram’s
- Maine Beer Co.: Peeper Ale, Zoe, Mean Tom, King Titus
- New Holland: Dragon’s Milk, Mad Hatter, Poet Stout
- Rouge Ales: Dead Guy, Dry Hop Red, Chocolate Stout, Morimoto Pils
- Schneider Weisse: Schneider Weiss, Aventius, Edel Weiss, Eisbock
- Sixpoint: Sweet Action, Righteous Rye, Crisp, Seasonal
- Southern Tier: 2X IPA, 2X One, Old Man Winter, Live
- Stone: Arrogant Bastard, IPA, Smoked Porter, Ruination
- Victory: Headwaters, Dirt Wolf, Helios, V12
- Weyerbach: Last Chance IPA, Winter Ale, Merry Monks, Tiny Stout, Double Simcoe IPA
See you there…we already have our VIP tix. ;)The New York Big Brew Fest Date: 2/8 Time: 4-8:30 for VIP, 5-8:30 for GA and Designated Drivers Place: The Westchester County Center Address: 198 Central Avenue White Plains, NY Tickets: buy them here!