Leafline Salad Company, now opened for six months in Downtown Greenwich, wants you to have a healthy start to 2014. On 1/15, they’ll be offering up their chef inspired or seasonal salads, wraps, and quinoa bowls for free from 12-3 pm. Just stop by and let them know about this offer…and you could tell them you heard about it from us, too. We’d love ya. Limit one per customer, don’t be greedy now. ;)
Now, a little about Leafline Salad Co.…it’s owned by Robert Kessner who set up shop in downtown Greenwich because he was frustrated in finding options to eat that would fit his new dietary needs. And, what resulted was a menu of salads, wraps, quinoa bowls, soups, juices, and snacks that were not only good for ya, but also provided for people living gluten-free, dairy free, and even vegan lives. Robert and crew make all their salads right at the restaurant and also do the same with their dressings. Plus, they keep their ingredients natural, wholesome, and as local as possible.
So, you’re probably wondering what you’ll order…well, here are some of the standout housemade options (these can be salads, wraps, or quinoa bowls):
- Emperor’s Forbidden Chicken: baby spinach, grilled chicken, celery, carrots, golden raisins, cashews, and wonton strips.
- Urban Cowboy: romaine with BBQ grilled chicken, crumbled bacon, grape tomatoes, corn, red onion, black beans, sunflower seeds, and shredded cheddar.
- Mayan Ruins: romaine with avocado, cilantro, black beans, grape tomatoes, red onion, tortilla strips, and grated Cotija cheese.
- Steak and Eggs: romaine with grilled flank steak, hard boiled eggs, homestyle croutons, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and crumbled blue cheese.
- 21st Century Waldorf: mesclun mix with all natural turkey, granny smith apples, walnuts, celery, red grapes, dried cranberries, and crumbled goat cheese.
- You can also create your own salad, wrap, or bowl and pile it as high as you want with all the goodies they have in their shop.
And here are some of the dressings that owner Robert Kessner and crew make in house:
- Vinaigrettes likes Wild Oregano, Berry Basil, and Candied Lemon
- “Ever So Lightly Creamy”: Drunken Dill Greek Yogurt, Seasoned Ranch, Smoked Paprika BBQ, Miso Lemon, Cilantro Avocado
- Dijons: Orange, Shallot, Honey Mustard, and Steakhouse
- And your basics like red wine vinegar, balsamic, EVOO, and even freshly squeezed lemon juice
Definitely give ‘um a try for a healthy, rewarding, and energizing lunch or dinner. They also offer free local delivery from 11-3 during weekdays. Making it even easier, you can even place an order online for delivery or even pick up.
Leafline Salad Co. is located at 41 Greenwich Avenue in Downtown Greenwich. You’ll find their restaurant on the left side of the avenue as you start to head deeper into downtown, right near Chipotle.
Leafline Salad Co
Address: 41 Greenwich Avenue.
Greenwich, CT 06830
Phone: (203) 413-9900
Hours: Weekdays, 11-8 pm
Weekends, 11-5 pm