We all have a favorite local charity that we support financially or that we volunteer for…and now there’s a whole day set aside for us to help out. Introducing Fairfield County Giving Day, a brand new event that brings together nonprofits and charities from across Fairfield County. Their goal? Raise $1,000,000 for local nonprofits on March 7!
How it works is simple:
1) Find your favorite local charity or charities on their site March 7 from 12 am – 11:59 pm.
• Type in the nonprofit’s name OR
• Type in your town OR
• Search by cause such as Arts, Education, Environment, Food…
2) Donate any amount from $10 and up.
That’s it…that easy…that quick!
Now, aside from your initial donation, there are lots of chances to help get your favorite charity even more money…anywhere from $500-$25,000 worth!
Here is how the prizes work, right from The Fairfield County Giving Day site:
Early Bird Prizes: Awarded at our launch event on March 7
- $1,000 – Most money raised by 10:00 a.m.
- $1,000 – Most number of donations by 10:00 a.m.
- $750 – Second most money raised by 10:00 a.m.
- $750 – Second most number of donations by 10:00 a.m.
- $500 – Third most money raised by 10:00 a.m.
- $500 – Third most number of donations by 10:00 a.m.
- $500 – To the nonprofit that receives the 100th gift made on Giving Day
Most Donations Received Prizes: Awarded at the end of Giving Day
- $25,000 – Nonprofit with the largest number of donations
- $20,000 – Nonprofit with the second largest number of donations
- $15,000 – Nonprofit with the third largest number of donations
- $10,000 – Nonprofit with the fourth largest number of donations
- $5,000 – Nonprofit with the fifth largest number of donations
Matching Awards: Awarded throughout the day
The first 25 nonprofits to raise $1,000 on Fairfield County Giving Day will receive a
dollar-for-dollar match of $1,000.
As our prize pool grows, so will the number and size of the competitive prizes – and
we’ll be expanding our $1,000 match to include more nonprofits!
Fairfield County Giving Day is presented by Fairfield County Community Foundation and Bank of America. Make sure to like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter for up to date information. If you are a nonprofit and would like to participate, please click here.
Please share this with everybody you know…let’s make a HUGE difference! And, if you’d like, tell us who you plan to donate to on March 7!