Ignite Stamford is back with 8 great speakers for their May 14th event at the Stamford Innovation Center! We’ve written about Ignite before (and were even speakers), but if you don’t remember how it works, here’s a recap: each speaker creates 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds. That gives each speaker a mere five minutes to talk about their ideas, passions, and to inspire. It’s always a great time because you leave feeling happy, inspired, and you can’t help but walk away without making some new friends. Oh, and did we mention there are snacks and drinks, too?
Now, let’s look into three particular speakers:
1) Todd Ruggere. Todd’s the brew guy behind the CT Pour Tour and he’s just about to make his way into Fairfield County. You’ll definitely want to hear his inspiring story about how he drank a beer in every single town in MA for charity and how he’s coming close to completing CT. You’ll also want to bask in his awesomeness.
2) Kelly McInnis. She’ll be talking about WWOOFing. You might have no idea what that is, but we have the pleasure of knowing Kelly very well and she’s talked to us about it. Basically, you get a place to stay and some great meals at farms throughout the US and across the world in exchange for helping out each day. You won’t want to miss this one…
3) Michelle Spinei. Michelle is the Events and Marketing Manager at Greenwich Land Trust and she’s all about backyard foraging. What exactly does she find, how does she do it, and what’s so awesome abou it? We’re excited to find out!
Here is the full list of speakers along with the title of their presentations.
• Todd Ruggere – CT Pour Tour
• ChaChanna Simpson – Brilliant & Brazen Woman of History
• Samantha Cross – Ignorance is Expensive
• Mike Duggan – The Upside of Trauma
• Loren DePalma – Creativity as a Lifestyle
• Kelly McInnis – WWOOFing
• Michelle Spinei – Backyard Foraging
• Ellen Gordon – Loft Artists Association
Doors open at 7 and the event starts at 7:30, so make sure to get there early. If you want to go to this Ignite, make sure you get your tickets ($11.54 each) STAT because they do sell out…and sell out fast.
5/14/14 at 7 pm
Stamford Innovation Center
175 Atlantic Street
Stamford, CT 06901