G. Garvin has made it his personal mission to find a ‘lil bit of the South wherever he goes for his show Road Trip with G. Garvin…including Connecticut. He recently stopped by three places in the Nutmeg State that ooze that Southern charm and keep the diners coming back for more. His first stop is The Corner in Milford, which is known throughout the state for their killer breakfasts. From there, G. Garvin hits up Mama’s Boy Southern Table & Refuge in SoNo, a new restaurant that has been winning over diners in the past year. And, finally, he stops by Sandra’s Next Generation in New Haven to check out some authentically amazing Southern fare.
The “Connecticut” episode will be on The Cooking Channel on 5/21 at 1 am and 9 pm, then will also play May 24 at 6 pm, and May 25 at 1:30. If you’d like to watch it live and taste some of the food that you’ll see on the show, head down to Mama’s Boy at 19 North Water St. for their First Anniversary party. From 5:30-7:30 they’ll be passing out complimentary hors d’ oeuvere, will have music from KUNJAN with Carlos Gomez, drink specials, and complimentary cigars from CT Cigar Company. Then, at 9, watch G. Garvin dig down into that food. Reservations can be made by calling (203) 956-7171.
If you’d like to try out some of the recipes from the episode, check out all of these:
Recipes from the “Connecticut” Episode
- Chicken-Fried Bacon with Creamy Shrimp Grits and Sunny-Side Egg (Mama’s Boy)
- Espresso-Rubbed Short Ribs with Red Eye BBQ Sauce (Mama’s Boy)
- Go Green Chicken (Sandra’s)
- Mama’s Boy Chocolate Cake (Mama’s Boy)
- Mama’s Boy Coconut Cake (Mama’s Boy)
- Meatloaf (Sandra’s)
- Peach Cobbler (Sandra’s)
- Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast (The Corner)
- Sandra’s Candied Yams (Sandra’s)
- Sandra’s Next Generation Collard Greens (Sandra’s)