SoNo’s getting a brand new restaurant and it’s called Washington Prime, Eating + Drinking Well. It will be located in the brand new Ironworks SoNo…a similar set up like Harlan Social in the Harbor Point area of Stamford.
The People Behind Washington Prime
SoNo’s newest restaurant is a team effort with Rob Moss, Marco Siguenza, and Executive Chef Jared Falco. Starting with Rob, he has been a manager at Match and Lolita Cocina & Tequila Bar in Greenwich, and has helped to create cb5 restaurants such as Red Lulu, Lolita, Chinawhite, 30 Boltwood and OAK Longbar & Kitchen. Marco has some excellent restaurant experience, too. Like Rob, he has worked at Match, but he also has some other major restaurant cred for helping to open up 55 Degrees in Fairfield and Scena Wine Bar in Darien. Although he is no longer connected with these restaurants, his cousins continue to run it and Marco starts this new endeavor.
And, then we have Executive Chef Jared Falco, a Long Island boy just like Dan. Jared graduated from the French Culinary Institute in NY and snagged an amazing internship at arguably one of the best restaurants in NYC: Daniel Boulud’s Daniel. He continued to work at Daniel after the internship, then also began working at 1770 House in East Hampton, WD50, interned again at Nomain in the Netherlands, and worked with Rob at cb5 to provide “front of the house training.”
Food + Drinks
From what we can see from a recent press release, it looks like Washington Prime is a New England Modern American kinda joint with heavy seafood influences. No doubt that comes from the chef’s extensive experience on Long Island and having the bounty of The Sound and the ocean at his disposal. Here are some highlights to look for:
• Knuckle & Claw with LI Lobster, Tennessee blue grits, lobster sauce, smoked butter, and tobiko
• Mussels with housemade sausage, preserved green peppers, white beans, and unit butter
• Shrimp a la Linda with chili flakes, parsley, and cognac cream sauce
• Little Neck Clams with smoked tomato, olives, chilies, shaved fennel, and butter. Ah, butter.
• Lobster Casino, Oyster Rockefeller, and Broiled Giant Cold Water Australian Lobster Tails
• A Raw Bar
• Lots of comfort food and plenty of small plate options
• “Hearty” Salads
• Prime Steaks: USDA prime certified, aged, then charred and cooked to perfection in a 900° broiler
• Side Dishes with some added Southern flare and “twang”
• As an added bonus, almost all dishes are gluten-free
• Plenty of craft beer options and a good variety of wines for perfect pairings
• Classic cocktails such as their Prime Martini that comes with a DIY kit so you can add in items like blue cheese, anchovy stuffed olives, pickled pearl onions, rosemary clementine, and queso stuffed jalapenos. And, when you polish that one off, you’ll have a backup chilled carafe of gin/vodka waiting for ya on the table.
Opening Day and Seating
As of now, Washington Prime is slated to open mid to late July…that still gives you plenty of summertime to enjoy their outdoor seating and lounge area that can seat about 40 people. In addition, there are 95 seats in the main dining area, a 14 seat private dining room, and a beautiful natural stone and white Carrera marble counter top bar that seats 18 people.
We’re excited at the prospect of Washington Prime because we’re always on the lookout for great seafood spots. ‘Til then.
141 Washington Street
South Norwalk, CT