The Beer Garden at Shippan Landing will open Wednesday, July 30 at 4 pm! The hours are 4-close Wednesday-Friday and at 2-close on Saturdays and Sundays!
• Opening is set for early July
• It’s a 15,000 square foot spot…damn!
• Designed by Rick Parisi of MPFP
• Add in horseshoes to the games that you can play
• Hours will be W-F from 4-last call and Saturday-Sunday from 2-last call.
One of the most successful businesses to open last year was The Beer Garden @ Harbor Point from Imian Hospitality. From the start, the venture was only a temporary one…kind of like a good-weather-pop-up spot. Guess it was kinda like The Fault in Our Stars: you know the girl’s gonna die (oops, spoiler alert), but you stick with her anyway because you dig her. (p.s. no we didn’t watch the movie, but it’s pretty darn predictable.) And, while we had our criticisms of The Beer Garden such as the bathroom situation, the long lines, the limited beer selection, or the fact that it wasn’t really a beer garden, things did seem to improve as the summer went on. There was more beer, there was a better selection, lines were shorter, there were lots of events, and it became the ultimate stop for beer guzzlers who love food trucks. Okay, well, that’s true of every beer guzzler, but you get our drift, right?
As you might know, Aaron Sanchez’s Paloma has taken over that waterfront spot so there’s no chance for the beer garden’s reopening…in that spot aaaaanyway. Mmm hmm, that’s right, the beer garden will live on, just in a new spot. A version 2.0 if you will. This time you’ll be able to hit them up in the Shippan area of Stamford, right at 290 Harbor Drive in Shippan Landing. The spot makes sense because there really isn’t too much going on in the area beer-wise aside from Brennan’s and Seaside Tavern. Plus, it’s a good location with close proximity to 95 and 1, Cove and West Beaches, and Cummings Park. Now, here are some details about what to expect from The Beer Garden @ Shippan Landing:
• They are slated to open late June 2014
• Like last time, it’s also right on the water
• Lots of green grass for relaxing, sitting, cornhole, bocce, and more
• Emphasis on craft beer…and local craft beer at that.
• Annnddddd…food trucks are back!
• Also expect some new trucks…
We’ll have more details soon and will update this for ya when we do. For now, know that The Beer Garden @ Shippan Landing is just a couple of weeks away.