Yes, it’s true…both Martha Stewart and Joe Bastianich will be coming to Norwalk over the next few weeks for signings. Here’s all the info that you need.
Saturday, 10/25 from 12-2 pm
Stew Leonard’s Norwalk (100 Westport Ave.)
Martha Stewart will be signing copies of her newest cookbook, ONE POT: 120+ Easy Meals from Your Skillet, Slow Cooker, Stockpot, and More. We love the idea behind this and can appreciate it…especially after last night when we had a wasteland of pots, pans, and processors just to make steak and cauliflower puree. One pot makes it so easy! Stew’s will be selling copies for $21.99 or two for $40. So, get one for yourself and the other as a nice holiday gift…just saying. Just a note: if the weather is good, the signing will take place outside under their red & white tent.
Saturday, 11/1 from 12-2: pm
Stew Leonard’s Wine (55 Westport Ave. in Norwalk)
MasterChef judge and restaurateur (Babbo, Del Posto, Tarry Lodge) Joe Bastianich will be making an appearance at Stew Leonard’s Wines in Norwalk, right across from their flagship grocery store. From 12-2 he’ll be signing bottles of his family’s wine: Bastianich Winery. Not sure which bottle(s) to get for him to sign? That’s not a problem because Stew’s will be providing samples of the following (descriptions from Stew’s)
- Flor Prosecco Rosé: A beautiful aperitivo for any time of the year. Elegant perlage, with fresh, ripe strawberries on the nose and a fruity and creamy palate that echoes the strawberry nose. Finishes clean, with a hint of mineral supporting the long finish.
Tocai Plus 2009: A single-vineyard of sixty-year-old vines, on a perfectly exposed hilltop, yields an extreme example of our native Friulano. Rated 93 points Wine Spectator.
- Vespa Bianco 2011: The flagship wine of the Bastianich estate, Vespa Bianco was created to showcase the power and evolution that a great Friulian white can have. Rated 91 points Wine Spectator and 91 points Wine Advocate
- Brandini Organic Barbera 2012: Ruby red with purple reflections, this Barbera offers an intense palate with great structure along with hints of cocoa and licorice. Rated 87 points Wine & Spirits
- Vespa Rosso 2011: The Bastianich estate red which balances power and finesse through a combination of indigenous and international varieties. The lush palate makes it drinkable upon release, though it is structured enough for aging. Historically rated 90 points Wine Spirits, 90 points Wine Advocate
- Calabrone 2009: Calabrone is an estate reserve released only when an excellent vintage is followed by a dry and mild September and October, when a percentage of the Refosco and all of the schioppettino undergo appassimento (drying). As in the case of Amarone, the drying process not only intensifies the flavors of these distinctive grapes, but softens some of their natural tannic bite. Rated 93 points James Suckling.