Sometimes there might be one or two events to write about that are going down on the same weekend, but then again there are times when there’s a crazy amount of awesomeness happening all at the same time. Well, it just so happens to be one of those weekends coming up! So, as promised, here’s a schmatering (how did we even know how to spell that?) of things going on in Fairfield County!
1) Little Barn in Westport is having their 1 Year Anniversary Party! They’ll have live music from the kickass Alpaca Gnomes starting at 9:30 with free hors d’oeuvre and drink specials alllll nightttt lonnngggggg.
2) The 2014 Stamford SantaCon crawl begins! So, don thee your gay apparel and get ready for some major merriment! Here’s the schedule as of 12/2:
- 12-2: Murphy’s w/ $3 Bud Light, Narragansett, Yeungling. $3 Jameson and Fireball shots.
- 1-3: Brickhouse w/ 2 for 1 Bud Light pitchers, $4 Jameson shots (deal the whole night)
- 2-4: Tigin Irish Pub w/ $4 Yeungling and Bud Lights, $4 Santa shots.
- 3-5: Bradford’s w/ Happy Hour specials all day
- 4-6: Lola’s w/ $3 Bud Lights
- 5-7: Bar Taco w/ TBD
- 6-8: McFadden’s w/ $3 McFadden’s Light and Dark
- 7-9: Bar B Q w/ $3 BarBQ Ale and $5 fireballs to anyone in holiday garb
- 8-10: Bobby V’s w/ TBD
- 9-11: Tiernan’s w/ $4 PBR, $4 Heineken Light drafts
3) What? You live in Norwalk and want your own Santa event, too? No problem because there’s also the 2nd Annual SoNo Santa Crawl! Register at Johnny Utah’s between 12-2 to get started (you can get started with buying tickets here). Registration is just $10, but that includes a SoNo Santa Crawl 2014 t-shirt, a SSC cup, free parking at Maritime Center Garage, and drink specials. Drink specials where, you ask? Well, it’ll be $3, $4, or $5 specials at the following spots:
- Johnny Utah’s Sono
- Burger Bar
- The Spread
- Sono Pizza
- The Ginger Man
- Harlan Publick
- Washington Prime
4) We know it’s almost Christmas when it’s time for Heights & Lights in Downtown Stamford! Yup, where else do you get to see Santa, his elves, The Grinch, and Rudolph rappel down one of the largest buildings in Stamford? Yeah, no where. Plus, it’s pretty awesome to see Bobby Valentine and Brian Cashman dressed up and doing that descent, right? The best viewing spots are around Ferguson Library in the heart of downtown. Stop by starting at 5 and when it’s all over, head to Latham Park for some holiday music. When you’re done, there’s plenty of great restaurants to hit up like The Fez, Capriccio, Zaza, Bar Rosso, Hudson Grille, and Cask Republic.
5) Check out a holiday PopShop Market at Fairfield Theatre Company on 70 Sanford Street in Fairfield. Not only will there be plenty of local gifts and crafts to buy, but there will be carolers, mulled wine, CT beer, food trucks like Bounty Burger, Whey Station, and The Local Meatball, and more! Don’t miss out on the fun from 10-3 pm!