There are way too many beer related events going down this week, but that’s fine: you’ve been training your liver for days just like this!
1) This Wednesday, 12/10, starting at 4 pm, you can stop into Black Hog Brewing to purchase their second beer in their Disco Pig series. Their latest incarnation, Disco Pig 2, is a Brett Golden Sour! Brewing with Brett has become very popular lately, so you’ll definitely want to get yourself a bottle of this limited edition brew. And, if you so desire, you can enter into a raffle to win Bottle #1!
2) Forget Black Friday, here comes Black Hog Friday! That’s when they’ll be releasing their Black Hog Down Black IPA throughout the state. It’s described in the following way: ” [Our] Hoppy Black IPA was created by our assistant brewer Justin of the Third Battalion Rangers. Black Hog Down Black IPA packs an arsenal of six different big hops including Ella and Citra for a demolition evoking 63 IBUs and a homage to the Sikorsky BlackHawk UH63….coincidence….NO SIR!” This bad boy has 63 IBUs and weighs in at 7.5% ABV, features 2 Row American, British Pale, Crystal 240, CaraRed, Melanoidin, Aromatic, CaraFa Malts, and CTZ, Super Galena, Ella, Summit, Cascade, Citra hops.
Just stop by any of these spots at 5 or late for your fill:
- Prime 16 – New Haven
- Local Kitchen & Beer Bar – Fairfield and SoNo
- Backstage – Torrington
- Black Rock Tavern – Thomaston
- At The Corner – Litchfield
- Knuckleheads – Wallingford
- Mikro – Hamden
- The Corner Tavern – Naugatuck
- Coalhouse Pizza – Stamford
- Craft 260 – Fairfield
- Plan B – Glastonbury
- Eli Cannon’s – Middletown
- Barley Vine – Bristol
- Hop Häus – Plantsville
- Sitting Duck Tavern – Stratford
- Max Burger – West Hartford
- Black Eyed Sally’s – Hartford
- Olive Bar – Unionville
3) DuVig is celebrating with a Grand Reopening party on 12/13 from 12-7. Stop by for specials on beer tastings, try some special release brews, and get your nom on with Rough House Food Truck. And, if you can wait half an hour before you can have a beer, come by at 11:30 for a special ribbon cutting ceremony.
4) Also on 12/13 is Overshores Grand Opening Holiday Bash from 12-4! Come by and celebrate CT’s only all-Beligan brewery with tours, giveaways, live music, specials, limited edition brews, and food trucks.
5) Hopefully you already bought your tickets to BeerConn, bubbling up this Saturday, 12/13, with two sessions: 12:30-4 and 5:30-9. There will be over 50 breweries in attendance with a big portion of them from CT. In addition, check out some homebrewing seminars, learn about the state of CT beer, and check out a killer seminar about cool beer labels. We’ll be there at the first session, so say hi.