There’s definitely no shortage of great restaurants that serve up some wicked good beer here in Fairfield County. Some are obvious choices like Cask Republic who throws down the gauntlet with 52 brews on tap, but some might not be as obvious like Morello Bistro in Greenwich. While they are known more for their wine and cocktail selection, they are increasingly trying to highlight good beer that will play well off of their inspired Italian fare.
So, what better way to check out the food at both places, than checking out two different beer dinners that they are both hosting.
First up is the Allagash Beer Dinner at Cask Republic Stamford.
1/19, from 7-11
$75 per person, call (203) 348-2275 for reservations.
- Amuse bouche of Maine lobster in a saison lobster-broth and served with a squid ink creama
Paired with Allagash Saison
- Spruce Smoked Salt Cod Fritters with vegetable ribbons and a honey & blood orange marmalade.
Paired with Allagash Fluxus
- Coffee Rubbed Pork Empanadas with vanilla roasted pears, topped with a hazelnut powder and pink peppercorn aioli.
Paired with Allagash James Bean
- Spicy Yellowtail Snapper Nori Roll (inside out sesame golden beet).
Paired with Allagash Golden Brett
- House Duck Pastrami with sour cherry foie gras lollipop and crispy duck skin roulade.
Paired with Allagash Nancy and Allagash Interlude (yes, BOTH!)
- Lakes Edge Goat Cheese Ice Cream with fennel pollen tuille, candied kumquats, and roasted fig puree.
Paired with Allagash Bourbon Black
And there’s also the Blue Point Beer Dinner at Morello Bistro in Greenwich.
1/22, starting at 7 with a reception and dinner at 7:30.
$75 per person including tax and tip, call (203) 661-3443 for reservations.
Brewery: Blue Point from Long Island with Headbrewer Mark Weinert on hand
- Hors d’ourve: Mushroom Arancini (fried rice balls . . . excellent here)
- Trio di Formaggi including Gorgonzola Dolce, Robiola, Taleggio with truffled honey)
Paired with Blueberry Ale
- Tuna Crudo with Fresno peppers, lemon, EVOO
Paired with Rastafar Rye Ale
- Spinach Tagliatelle with braised lamb ragu, fig, and Pecorino Romano
Paired with Toasted Lager
- Apple Crostada with spiced hazlenuts, fig balsamic, and mascarpone gelato
Paired with Mosaic Session IPA