One of our favorite chefs here in Connecticut is hosting another event in his Dinner Underground series, but this time around it’s in a brand new spot. Yup, Chef Plum and the Plum Luv Foods crew will be taking over Edmond Town Hall (45 Main St.) in Newtown on March 8 from 7 until 11:30.
What can you expect? Well, to be frank: an awesome time. We’ve been to many of Plum’s pop-ups (Butcher’s Best, Williams-Sonoma, and his most recent Sourcopia at Two Roads) so we’re kinda experts. Actually, that kinda makes us groupies, huh? You can expect excellent service, great food and great wine pairings to go with each course. And, when you leave, you’ll actually leave full because portions are always nicely sized.
Tickets for Dinner Underground: Edmond Town Hall Takeover are $82 (tip for servers is much appreciated, too) and can be bought by visiting this page. Please note that all of his dinners sell out, so if you want in on this mad action, you best buy ASAP. Without further ado, here’s the sick menu:
1) Slider trio “Land Sea and Air”: Elk, Fried Copps Island Oyster, Foie gras
2) Seared Skirt Steak and Marrow: Anson Mills Grits, Roasted Garlic, Lemon, Parsley, Broiled Marrow, RC Cola Marinade
3) Ramen Bowl: Togarashi, Pork Belly and Egg
4) Prawns: coconut cloud, lemon parsnip puree
5) Southwest Canoli: Candied Pepper, Sweet Tostones