It’s St. Patrick’s Day, so what better way to celebrate than a guide to some of the best places where you can eat and drink green things in Fairfield County? Really, we don’t think there’s anything better than green stuff. Right? So right! So, take out your shillelagh and check your leprechaun traps, because we’re coming!
- Bar Sugo, Norwalk: you’ll need to get your dose of green with Chef Pat Pascarella’s famous Brussels Sprouts. He fries ’em up real nice, adds in crispy pancetta, adds some beautifully rich ricotta salata, and finishes it up with drizzles of truffle honey.
- Bodega Taco Bar, Darien + Fairfield: limes and a glowing green margarita are another way to celebrate St. Patty’s Day if green beer ain’t your thang.
- Green + Tonic, Cos Cob, Darien, Greenwich + New Canaan: is there a more appropriately named drink for today than Green Monster? Probably not! You’ll need this drink made with kale, celery, cucumber, apple, spinach, ginger, romaine, parsley, lemon, spirulina to help you get your body ready for a night of rowdiness! Also, why not pick up an extra to help you recover the next day? Chances are you won’t be able to keep down any solid food anyway, huh?
- Harvest, Greenwich: how awesome is the shaved Brussels Sprouts salad at Harvest? We can’t ever get enough of it with the truffle vinaigrette on top, and the cheesy rich warmness of the parmesan risotto cake that everything is on top of.
- Tierra, Westport: order the chilaquiles topped with a killer salsa verde sauce. That’s green sauce if you don’t speak Gaelic, btw. :P Opt for the egg on top, you’ll thank us later.
- Valencia, Norwalk: this is really an eat/drink option because we are talking about the legendary green sauce, after all. Sure, you can eat it with your arepas, burritos, tacos, or whatever else you order, but it’s also great to just do shots with. Seriously, if you’ve never had this stuff, what are you waiting for?
- Random Irish bar/watering hole, Anytown: chances are you’ll have the option to order green beer. Seriously, don’t do it. First of all, if you’re drinking something that light that is easily dyed green, chances are it doesn’t have any flavor anyway. But, hey, if it’s your thang, go ahead and drink it up.