A library isn’t just a home for books and magazines, though many people see them this way. No, a library is a gathering place, a resource, a place to learn new skills, experience new things, and to feel like a part of the community. And, nowhere is this more true than at The Ferguson Library in Stamford where there are always a ton of things going on like book talks, Meet the Author nights, children’s events, fairs, festivals, and special events.
Speaking of special events: The Ferguson Library is about ready to start the next chapter of a successful year with their annual A Novel Affair event. Tickets for the 4/9 event from 5:30-8:30 are $125 and can be bought here. This is actually our third time going and we’re very proud to be one of the media sponsors this year, too.
Well, here are some of the reasons why you need to attend this year:
1) The cause: A Novel Affair raises vital money to help fund the excellent programs and services that the Stamford Library provides.
2) The people: everyone who attends are happy and are celebrating; it’s really a culture of awesomeness.
3) The food: there are plenty of great restaurants and caterers there who are putting out some killer food.
4) The drinks: there’s plenty of beer and wine to go around, too, so your glass is never empty, though it may be Half Full. ;)
5) Raffles and auctions: the night consists of a series of great silent auctions where you can bid on some serious swag and also culminates in an energetic live auction for some majorly amazing prizes.
6) Ryan Oakes! You’ve got to check out this master illusionist! Not only will he be circulating around the event and wowing event-goers, but he’ll also put on his own show that will definitely captivate you and make your scratch your head.
Here’s all the food and drinks that you’ll no doubt overindulge in:
🍴 Bravo New York Delicatessen, David’s Soundview Catering, DiMare Pastry Shop, Eventi Cafe, Greenwich Staffing, Hudson Grille, Kona Grill, Lorca, Ocha Thai Japanese Cuisine, napa & co, Remo’s Brick Oven Pizza Company, Susan Kane Catering, Tawa Indian Cuisine, and Villa Italia Ristorante. 🍺🍷 Wine and beer will be provided by BevMax, Charter Oak, and Half Full, too, so get ready for some major toasts.
That’s all you need to know, but we thought this year that we’d dig down a little deeper into things and talk with the new Branch Supervisor and our friend, Erin Shea. Here’s her thoughts on working at the Stamford Library, the importance of attending A Novel Affair, and what book she just read.
A Novel Affair
4/9 from 5:30-8:30
$125 per person
Ferguson Library @ 1 Public Library
Free Parking at Landmark Square
Honoring Reyno A. Giallongo, Chairman and CEO, First County Bank and President of First County Bank Foundation