Beer and BBQ: don’t get much more ‘Murrican than that! That’s why you’re gonna need to check out these three events that are happening soon. First up there’s Ridgefield Gone Country on May 2-3, then there’s there’s Beer and BBQ on May 16, and rounding it all up is the Harbor Point Green Day and BBQ if you’re looking for a different kind of experience. Either way, check out these great events that are on the horizon:
2nd Annual Ridgefield Gone Country BBQ Fest
Saturday, May 2, 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday, May 3, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Ridgefield Lounsbury House @ 316 Main Street in Ridgefield, CT
Cost: $10 for adults, $5 students, children under 12 FREE
Why you need to go:
1) Lip Smacking Good: there’s plenty of food and Q from Bobby Q’s of Westport, Natural Scoop, The Cookhouse, Nutmeg Concessions, The Spud Stud food truck, Rita’s, Eldorado Diner, Tazza Cafe, Oden’s Memphis Pit Bar-b-que, Fire Engine Pizza Co, Maui Wowi Hawaiian Coffees and Smoothies, Spacey Tracy’s gourmet and deep fried pickles, Bull’s Head Diner, Tom Tom’s, Lobstercraft, HooDoo Brown Barbecue, Bareburger, and Pepsi.
2) If that list isn’t enough to get you in, you’re crazy. But still . . .
3) Tunes: plenty of live Country, Blues, and Southern Rock to help you get some boot scoot in your boogie.
4) More fun: rides, attractions, and mechanical bull action.
5) BBQ Contests: and there will be an official KCBS and NEBS BBQ competition . . . that’s some serious stuff, so you best believe that the teams are bringing out their big guns. Our buddies at That’s our Que will be on hand duking it out with countless other teams.
2nd Annual Brews and BBQ
Saturday, May 16 from 3-10 pm
Location: Ives Concert Park in Danbury, CT
Cost: $15 online or at the gate for $20
Why you need to go:
1) Beer: Thomas Hooker, Stony Creek, Shebeen, Grey Sail, Roscoe Beer Company, Blue Point, Goose Island, and Bud.
2) Food: Event Caterers, Handsome Devil, Hog Wild BBQ, Mima’s Meatballs, Northern Smoke BBQ, Rita’s Italian Ices, The Cookhouse, The Spot, Triple B BBQ, Babu’s Jerk Joint, Romy’s BBQ, Calandrelli Kettle Corn, and Tigers Den Sports Bar and Grill.
3) Live music: check out Robert Randolph and The Family Band and Nashville Drive!
4) Stuff to buy and check out: Agriventures Agway, Buttheads Tobacco Emporium, Danbury Auto Spring and Welding, Danbury Westerners, Interstate All Battery Center, Ireland on the Road, Next Step Living, Stop and Shop, Hat City Pools, Danbury Tattoo, Mystery Ink, Storm Guard.