Going out to the Greenwich Polo Club grounds to watch a polo match is one of those things that you must do at least a few times a year. Not only is it a quintessential Connecticut way to spend a day, it’s also a great time to spend some time with some friends. Entry is free, but you just need to pay $40 to park for lawn spots (there are other options too), so it pays to carpool. You can start arriving at 1 to get in, set up, and get comfy, and the match begins at 3.
Now, this season will be even more awesome for a few reasons.
First of all, there are more food trucks than ever right at the games. Just look at this schedule:
- 6/7: Lobstercraft, Bounty Burger, Gourmet Cupcakes, Skinny Pines Brick Oven Pizza, La Fenice Gelato
- 6/14: Lobstercraft, Caffe Bon, Sal’s Italian Flavors, Skinny Pines Brick Oven Pizza, La Fenice Gelato
- 6/21: Lobstercraft, Caffe Bon, Skinny Pines Brick Oven Pizza, La Fenice Gelato
- 6/28: Lobstercraft, Caffe Bon, Skinny Pines, La Fenice Gelato
- 7/5: Bounty Burger, Lobstercraft, Caffe Bon, Skinny Pines Brick Oven Pizza, La Fenice Gelato
- 7/12: Bounty Burger, Lobstercraft, Caffe Bon, Skinny Pines Brick Oven Pizza, Sal’s Italian Flavors, La Fenice Gelato
Now, this news might change your plans a bit and it’ll definitely change our approach. In the past we’ve brought a table, a ton of food, and a few kegs worth of drinks, but this time ’round we plan to just bring our adult refreshments along and some nice comfy chairs.
The J House Bar is another reason to come by and another reason why you won’t even need to bring drinks, either! They’ll have mixed drinks, beer, and wine served up for you, so make sure to bring some cash along.
Lastly, when the match is over, you’ll want to drive down to J House for the After Party. You’ll hang out at the J House Pool and Outdoor Patio Bar from 5:30-9:30. $20 gets you Keel Vodka and Whispering Angel Tastings, $9 cocktails and rose, and a live DJ.
Also, last minute tip: Uber it in! An Uber from the Greenwich Train Station starts at $5 and you can get a $30 credit if you use the code GPC2015!
Greenwich Polo Club
1 Hurlingham Drive