If there is one universal American truth, it’s that summertime is the official time for grilling and BBQ season. And, sure, there are plenty of times when you want to throw some burgers, chicken, or steak on the grill, but let’s be honest with ourselves . . . we’re not always full of energy. Whether it’s a day of working or filling a huge order for a crowd of friends and families, sometimes it’s just nice to let other people take care of you and get your food ready. So, whether you’re putting together a get-together, a picnic, a day at the park, or sunning at the beach, we’ve got three great options for you here in Fairfield County to help you feed your need: Balducci’s Food Lover’s Market and City Limits Diner. Plus, as an added bonus, Whole Foods Market has offered up pairings of great summer time brews available at their stores with some great dishes available at their stores.
Balducci’s Food Lover’s Market (Scarsdale, Greenwich, Westport and more . . . )
A sample of the menu (full one here) . . .
- Balducci’s BBQ Pork Spare Ribs are smoky, tender and succulent and get the ultimate in classic BBQ treatment
- White Mac’n Cheese are a pillar of any barbeque feast
- Chocolate, Banana or Coconut Cream Pies are made using only the finest, wholesome ingredients and real cream
- Balducci’s BBQ ½ Chicken is antibiotic-free, rotisserie cooked and slathered in Brother Jimmy’s Barbeque Sauce
- Summer Delight Salad is made with cucumber, tomatoes, chick peas, edamame, fresh herbs and a refreshing white wine vinaigrette
- Balducci’s Mousse Cakes combine the finest ingredients and real whipped cream wrapped in a decorative sponge to create these refreshing summer favorites
- Whole Cut USDA Prime Certified Angus Beef New York Strip that can be freeze-wrapped or marinated in your choice of Chipotle-Lime, Black Pepper Sauce, Provencal or Yakiniku
- Chipotle Bacon Potato Salad with redskin potatoes, smoky bacon, corn and a chipotle dressing
- Lemon Meringue Pie with zesty, lemon flavor and creamy meringue topping combined with Balducci’s famous flaky crust
City Limits (Stamford, White Plains)
The menu below is available from July 23 until August 6.
- BBQ Pancetta Wrapped Shrimp served on top of a white bean salad, $11
- Grilled Berkshire Bacon iceberg wedge, tomato, corn & ranch dressing, $11
- Watermelon & Feta Salad watercress & Kalamata olives, sherry vinaigrette, $11
Entrees (all include two sides & cornbread)
- House Smoked Beef Brisket slow cooked with Applewood, $19
- St. Louis Ribs dry rubbed, slow smoked & lightly glazed, $19
- BBQ Half Chicken banana BBQ sauce, $18
- BBQ Combo Plate St. Louis Ribs, Brisket, Pulled Pork, $20.95
- Cole Slaw, Braised Greens, BBQ Fried Rice, Corn on the Cob, House Made Pickles, Mac & Cheese, Potato Salad, Mashed Potatoes, Stone Fruit Compote, and Brisket Baked Beans (4.50).
- Chef Tracy’s pies, Summer Peach and Blueberry Streusel Crisp.
Whole Foods (Danbury, Darien, Fairfield, Glastonbury, Greenwich, Hartford, Milford, Port Chester, Westport, White Plains, and more . . . )
- We Rub You Korean BBQ Marinade ($6.99) with Beef Short Ribs
*Paired with Two Roads Workers Comp Saison ($10.99, pricing may vary between Whole Foods Market stores)
- The Saucey Sauce Co. Habanero Ketchup ($8.99) with a Burger
*Paired with Captain Lawrence Sun Block ($10.99, pricing may vary between Whole Foods Market stores)
- Sir Kensington’s Spicy Brown Mustard ($5.99) with Hot Dogs
*Paired with Kelso Nut Brown Ale ($11.99, pricing may vary between Whole Foods Market stores)
- Empire Mayonnaise Red Chili Mayo ($7.99) with a Tuna Burger
*Paired with Sixpoint Jammer Gose ($12.99, pricing may vary between Whole Foods Market stores)