Farmers and farms are the netting that holds our society together. We don’t often get a chance to be on the farms, to see what they do day in and day out, but we sure do get a chance to reap the benefits of what they reap. Well, Citizens for Easton have put together their 7th Annual Easton Farm Tour to help us make connections and to give us even more reasons to appreciate what we have here in Fairfield County.
The Easton Farm Tour is absolutely free and is a self guided tour, so you can go at your own pace and even go to whichever farms that you’d like. You’ll meet at Easton Firehouse Green at 1 Center Road and you’ll get a map to help you begin your journey. Along the way you’ll find special events and deals from farmers and community organizations.
Here are just some of the things that you’ll experience:
• There are tastings, greenhouse tours, petting zoos, and pick your own opportunities.
• Learn about farming 100 years ago.
• Nom away into one of our favorite pizzas from Skinny Pines mobile pizza kitchen!
• Lisen to the Easton Banjo Society.
• Take part in some ol’ time games and events from Easton Community Center
• Learn how to bloom the gardener inside of you.
• Learn about farming, the Aspetuck Land Trust, and more.