Harbor Brew Fest 2015 is this Saturday, October 17, at The Ballpark at Harbor Yard and to say we’re excited would be a crazy understatement. It’s one of our favorite beer fests in the state and always surprises us how it seems to get better each year.
Well, what makes it so great?
1) The Brewer’s Special experience actually makes you feel like a VIP. You get in an hour early (12-5) and even get access to the Brewer’s Beer Garden, plus your own VIP Tasting Glass. Those tix are $60 each and very worth it.
2) Whether you get the Brewer’s Special or General Admissions, you get unlimited samplings of beer, no brainer. These tix are $40 and get you in from 1-5. Check out the list at the end of this post. There’s also a DD ticket for $20 if you wanna be nice.
3) Food trucks. Yeah, plenty of ’em this year: The Meat Truck, Poutine Gourmet, Chompers, Munchies, Melt Mobile, Lobstercraft, and Taco Pacifico.
4) Live music from Tom Crowley & The Speakers, The Alpaca Gnomes, and Relative Souls.
5) This festival, brought to you by Harry’s of Fairfield, benefits the Harbor Light Foundation, a non-profit that provides “safe and beneficial programming for children with autism.”
6) You can win a pair of tickets from us!
To win, all you need to do is tag or mention a friend you want to take with you on our matching post on:
C) Twitter: just mention @omnomct and a friend who you want to take along with you.
The contest starts now and goes until Wednesday at 5 pm! Around that time, we’ll announce the winner, so make sure you check back here and our social media accounts.
As promised, here are just some of the breweries that will be there:
Allagash, Back East, Beaver, BBC, Black Hog, Blue Point, Blue Moon, Breckenridge, Bronx Brewery, Brooklyn Brewery, Captain Lawrence, Brasserie La Caracole, Charter Oak, Cisco, Crispin, Dogfish Head, Downeast cider, East Coast Brewing, Evil Twin, Fire Island Beer Co., Foolproof, Founders, Fox Barrel Pear Cider, Full Sail, Goose Island, Green Flash, Grey Sail, Half Full, The Hartford Better Beer Co, Hooker, Jack’s Abby, Keegan Ales, Lagunitas, Long Ireland, Maltose Express, McKenzie’s Hard Cider, Narragansett, New Holland, North Coast, Brewery Ommegang, Oskar Blues, Otter Creek, Overshores, Palm, Port Jeff, Red Hook, Rodenbach, Sam Adams, SBC, Sebago, Shebeen, Sixpoint, Smuttynose, Spencer, Spiked Seltzer, St. Bernardus, Brouwerij Van Steenberge, Stillwater, Stone, Stony Creek, Thimble Island, Two Roads, Unibroue, Victory, Wachusett, Widmer, Willimantic, Woodchuck Cider, Veracious, Aspetuck Brew Lab, Bent Fork, Fairfield Craft Ales . . . and more.