Balducci’s is a great spot to check out if you’re looking to put together your holiday meal! They not only have some great, fresh, and hard-to-find ingredients, but they also have a great selection of prepared apps like Beef Short Rib and Roquefort Hand Pie, Balducci’s Osetra Caviar, D’Artagnan Foie Gras, and Maison de la Truffle Cheese. And, if you don’t like coming to the party empty handed, they have different gift baskets available like their Market Basket that is perfect for snacking, the Office Fiesta to elevate the mood at work, and their Celebration basket full of awesome goodies.
Well, without further ado, here is a recipe that is sure to win over guests this holiday season:
BAKED BRIE WITH CARMELIZED APPLES, ONIONS AND BACON
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1-14 ounce round Brie cheese
- 3 apples
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 baguette, sliced
Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large sauté pan, melt half of the butter and add the cardamom. Slice apples into thin slices and sauté with the onions until caramelized, around 10 minutes. Remove apples from the pan and set aside. Add the remaining butter and melt it. Turn off the heat and add the brown sugar, toasted pecans and crumbled bacon. Combine mixture and set aside.
Next, place the Brie in an ovenproof pie dish. Pour the butter and brown sugar mixture over the top of the Brie. Place in the oven for 5 minutes, then remove and top with the caramelized apples, cooking for an additional 3 minutes. Serve with sliced baguette.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place sliced French bread on a large cookie sheet. Brush each piece with melted butter.
3. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
4. Remove and store in a zip lock bag. May be made the day before serving.