Popping up on April 20 from 5:30-9 at elm in New Canaan is a special dining experience that brings together two of CT’s best and most celebrated chefs. Chef Luke Venner of elm won’t have to come very far for this collaboration, but his former executive chef at Millwright’s in Simsbury, Tyler Anderson, has to travel a bit. But, that road trip will be so worth it . . . and will be so worthy of you taking a trip, too.
The menu that they have prepared is playful, full of freshness, and cries out Cali-style. They’ll have 7 different small plates at $15 each or 7 larger plates at $25 that are perfect for sharing . . . or hoarding. Click here to get a reservation or call them up at (203) 920-4994 and be sure to mention where you heard about this great event.
Here’s the menu:
Small Plates ($15)
- Raw fluke, walnut cream, caviar
- Strawberry, burrata, green almond
- Crab toast, peas, ham hock, mint
- Charred asparagus & radishes, guanciale, absinthe
- Veal tartare, cucumber, black garlic
- Roasted carrots, farro horchatta, candied lime
- Grilled artichokes, dill pesto, chevre
Large Plates ($25)
- Gnocchetti Sardi, sea urchin, lamb’s quarters
- Whole wheat reginetti, morel crema, green peppercorn
- Tandori octopus, avocado, canary melon
- Grilled branzino, shrimp mousseline, chimmichuri broth
- Roasted quail, sausage & fennel stuffing
- Dry aged burger, double-double “animal style”
- Smoked Wagyu tri-tip, sweet & sour onions.
Address: 73 Elm St.
New Canaan, CT 06840