Overshores Brewery, set off in an unsuspecting building on Bradley Street in East Haven, is two years old. And, CT’s only Belgian-style brewery will be celebrating on April 30 with music, food, games, deals, and, wait, what was that last thing . . . oh yeah, beer. Even a special brew that will be featured. Entrance is free and all the action goes down from 12-4. Here are the yeasty details along with some thoughts about Overshores’ success from co-owner Christian Amport from a recent conversation:
- There will be food trucks! Right now The Meat Truck (have you seen their pics on FB?) is booked and there will be another one, too.
- The Brant Taylor Band that did the Overshores X-Mas Party will be rocking the brewery.
- There will be raffles for merch and special items. Even if you don’t win, there will be special deals on merch for that day!
- There will be plenty of games to play while you chill such as corn hole.
- They will have all their brews on tap as well as some favorite, hard-t0-find Belgians. One particular brew they’ll have on tap just came out: their Imperial Belgian Quad!
- It’s free, there’s beer, there’s food, there’s chillaxing: do you really need a #6?
Notes from Our Talk with Christian Amport
Overshores has been doing very well and part of their success is by setting themselves apart from others. Yes, they’re a Belgian-style focused brewery, but they also love to talk to people who come to their brewery about the different styles and what makes Belgian beer Belgian. Taking that knowledge even further, they’ll also recommend you try beers that aren’t theirs, some of which they have on tap, for good representations of different styles. They are already in 5 states, but they don’t want to grow too quickly. Right now their focus is to increase visibility and grow the markets that they are already in like CT and MA. Look forward to more bottle-conditioned goodness from them in Year 3!
Overshores Brewing Co.
250 Bradley Street
East Haven, CT 06512