The 3rd annual Food Trucks in the Valley is now just 10 days away, so you better start getting ready. Scope out the 26 food trucks (full list later in this post) that will be there and figure out a good eating strategy. Wash it all down with some craft beer, specifically New Belgium who is one of the sponsors. Then, while you’re there, check out live music, a car show, artisan products, food samples from local restaurants, and lots more.
New this year is the Mystery Box Demo booth! Three chefs will have to cook dishes using ingredients from various food trucks who are at FTV. Each competitor will have a different box and won’t know the contents of the box until they are opened. Then, from there, they’ll have only 30 minutes to prepare an amazing dish using all of those ingredients. The three competitors this year include:
- Jason Maur. He’s done a demo with us before at Pork in the Park in Stamford and he competed in MasterChef, Cooks vs. Cons, the CT Chefs Challenge, and the Submarine Sandwich Throwdown. Plus, he’s got a blog you can follow called MaurPowerFoodie.
- Chef Carol Koty. Chef Koty of The Waterview in Monroe is an avid competitor, having fought hard on Guy’s Grocery Games, the World Food Championships, and the Submarine Sandwich Throwdown. She also competed in last year’s CT Chef’s Challenge and took home the People’s Choice Awards.
- Chef Vecchitto. Like the other two chefs, Chef Vecchitto knows a thing or two about food contests. He has competed on Beat Bobby Flay and Guys Grocery Games, was the organizer of the Submarine Sandwich Throwdown, and was also a pacelebratedf the CT Chefs Challenge. Check out his food at the celebreated The Captain Daniel Packer Inne in Mystic!
It all goes down on September 15 from 4-8 right at The Shelton River Walk @ 80 Canal Street East. Entry is free, but your purchases from that day will help to benefit the Spooner House and The Mary A. Schmecker Turtle Shell Fund. In additon to raising money to support local arts programs, children’s mental health, and hunger relief, FTV will be collecting non-perishable items for the Spooner House. For more information, check out their Facebook page here.
1. Firedog – Shelton, CT
2. Szabo’s Seafood – Shelton, CT
3. Pierogies on Wheels – Derby, CT
4. Caseus Grilled Cheese – New Haven, CT
5. Fryborg –New Haven, CT
6. Spuds Your Way – Hamden, CT
7. Dad’s Food Truck – Oxford, CT
8. New Haven Pizza Truck – New Haven, CT
9. Chompers – Southington, CT
10. Ay! Arepa – New Haven, CT
11. Shoreline Prime Food Truck – Branford, CT
12. Firehouse Grill – Monroe, CT
13. 3 Chicks Grille – Hamden, CT
14. DiSorbo’s Fried Dough Bakery Truck – Hamden, CT
15. Christiano’s Fried Desserts – North Haven, CT
16. Sugar Cupcake Truck – East Haven, CT
17. Ben & Jerry’s – Canton, CT
18. Super Softy/Magic Cone – Ansonia, CT
19. Food Extrovert – Westbrook, CT
1. Donut Crazy – Shelton, CT
2. DrewbaQ – Westport, CT
3. Sultan Kebab – West Haven, CT
4. Bradley Taffy – Thomaston, CT
5. Taco Tequila – Hartford, CT
6. Yardbird & Co – Hartford, CT
7. Dee’s Flavors – Hartford, CT