Oh divine liquid called maple syrup, we love thee
Update: and the winner is….
First County Bank is again (12 years) sponsoring the maple syrup utopia that goes down year after year, only this time things are a bit different. You might remember there was a Chef’s Challenge where local chefs and caterers cooked and baked with maple syrup, then came back a few weeks later for Maple Sugar Sunday for a final face off. This year both events are taking place on the same weekend!
Yup, Maple Sugar Festival Weekend is just about a week away at Stamford Museum & Nature Center. If you’d like a preview of what’s to come, check out our past posts on maple syrup comas and our breakdown of Maple Sugar Sunday. Here are all the syrupy sweet details:
Both Saturday and Sunday, 3/3-3/4, 11-3
$5 for members/$10 for non-members/children 3 and under as well as Family Plus or above=free
• Maple syrup creation demonstrations
• How to tap a tree for maple syrup
• How colonists made maple syrup
• Native American hot rock method
• How SM&NC uses the modern evaporation method to create their maple syrup
• SM&NC Maple syrup for sale (we still have a jug left from last year)
• Fun for kids with crafts, scavenger hunts, face painting, story telling, music, and more.
Saturday, 3/3/2012, 11-3
• Chef’s Challenge from 11:30-1:30 with the winner announced at 2 (a must see and eat event)
• Local chefs and caterers use maple syrup to make the most awesome recipes for you to taste and vote on:
EOS Greek Cuisine
A Dash of Salt
Susan Kane Catering
David’s Soundview Catering
Marcia Selden's Beautiful Spread of Maple-goodness
Sunday, 3/4/2012, 11-3
• A yummy pancake brunch featuring SM&NC maple syrup for just $5 per person from 11-2.
This will be another great time for maple syrup lovers, couples, friends, and families to come down and check out why SM&NC is so awesome. We bought a membership last year, so really think about the benefits. You get lower entry fees to special events, you get to visit for free during the year, and most importantly you get to help SM&NC to thrive.
Stamford Museum & Nature Center
39 Scofieldtown Road
Stamford, CT 06903