Yeah, so, we referenced WuTang lyrics, we couldn’t help ourselves, it was too easy. But seriously, WUJI in Greenwich was full of surprises that truly did make it “nuthin to f@$k with.”
The first surprise is we went there on a Tuesday night and the dining room was packed. Random? Or was it because the food is really that good? We were about to find out . . .
Second surprise: At a Chinese restaurant it’s rare to get a free starter (like bread) to snack on at the table while you peruse the menu, but imagine our delight when out came some crispy and flaky fried noodles with your choice of duck sauce, mustard, or soy dipping sauces. Yum! Continue reading
Big, bold flavors perfectly executed. Fun and lively vibes. That’s what we took away from a recent visit to Tablao, a new Spanish-Mediterranean tapas and wine bar that opened at 86 Washington Street in SoNo back in May. In fact, we enjoyed it so much we can’t wait to go back to this hotspot again. What made it such a nice experience, exactly? Well, you’ll just need to read our review to find out. Continue reading
UberEATS Stamford is now live . . . and your life may never be the same. Pic from UberEATS.
You rely on Uber to get you from Point A to Point B . . . plus when you’re drunk and have lost control of all muscular function in your body. And, starting today, you’ll rely on Uber in a new way: UberEATS. Here’s how it works:
- Download the app (Android or Apple) or use their site.
- Pick the restaurant that you want lunch or dinner delivery from. Right now there are over 40 restaurants in the listings with no charge for delivery. Eventually they will move to a delivery fee.
- Just some of the restaurants participating are EOS, Fortina, Cilantro, Aria, Royal Guard Fish and Chips, Tavern 489, Tabouli Grill, The Village Table, Layla’s Falafel, Atlantic Pizza House, Tawa, Soosh, Quattro Pazzi, Tomatillo, Noir, Acuario, Tomato Tomato, T’s Pizza Kitchen, Mi Terruno, Fiesta Atlantic, Bar-B-Q, Sunny & Frankies, Myrna’s Kitchen, and Villa Italia.
- At checkout, enter this code: eats-678aa That will get you $10 off your order (and will also give us that if you’d be so kind.)
- Om nom nom when your food arrives.
Last year we saw how a kickass burger is made right at WFM!
At the Westport Farmers’ Market, you can do a helluva lot more than just shop for the freshest farm-to-market foods and meats . . . there’s always something fun going down. And, specifically, if you come by from 10:15-11 on Thursdays, you’ll catch Fairfield County chefs demoing a dish that you can learn to make yourself. The cool thing? You can pick up the ingredients right there at the market and make it that day when you get home for din din. Continue reading
After eating this one, you’ll need to roll over and sleep a bit . . .
Frank Jr., his sister Tina, Monika Rodriguez, and Zino Carr
It only took us a week after Garden Catering on Hamilton Avenue in Greenwich reopened to get down there for breakfast. Yes, we know they are the home of nuggets, but we are breakfast sandwich fiends (or sammies as we like to call them). In fact, if you had asked us if we’d rather give up our beloved sammies or lunch, we’d say sayonara mid-day meal . . . no one needs you when you can have eggs, bacon, chili, cheese, and in the middle of a big ‘ole doughy roll. Continue reading