Last September, we were so torn. Do we attend Blues, Views, & BBQ or the Beer and Wings festival that fell on the same day? Both had their enticing features, but when Bob LeRose let us be guest BBQ judges, we knew what we had to do. Turns out that the Beer and Wings festival was postponed, but we did keep in touch with Kelly Scinto (who is aweeesome). She told us about the reincarnation of this event, aka Harbor Brew Fest a few weeks ago. Yes, Fairfield County’s first ever beer festival! Picture it:
• Over 30 different breweries represented…craft, local, international, domestic! We’re talking Blue Point, Thomas Hooker, Beaver, Kona, Redhook, Widmer Brothers, Berkshire Brewing, City Steam, Brooklyn Brewery, Olde Burnside, and more…
• Music from The String Fingers Band, Twiddle, and more…
• Food from FIVE of CT’s favorite food trucks: Super Duper Weenie, Fire Engine Pizza Co., LobsterCraft, Melt Mobile, and Christophe’s Crepe Truck.
• A portion of the sales will go a wonderful charity for children called The Harbor Light Foundation, after all, they are the peeps putting this together!
• Oh, did we mention that there’s beer? Renzo Kian-Kubota who is the Beerologist at Harry’s in Fairfield (and who happens to be freaking aweeesome, too) wants to know if you have any other beers that you’d like added. Check him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yeah, look, it’s a ways away…we’re talking Saturday, 9/22/12 from 12-5 pm, but we’re telling you about this for a reason. Listen closely. The tickets just went on sale today. This is the kind of event that will sell out, and will sell out quickly. This kinda beer, this kinda food, this kinda fun time? Fuggedaboutit!
There are three pricing options:
Your general admission ticket to the Harbor Brew Fest will get you a tasting mug, a pretzel necklace, rocking music on the ears, access to CT’s most popular food trucks, and a day of beer tasting all for just $35.00 per person. 1-5 pm.
Your general admission ticket to the Harbor Brew Fest will get you complimentary bottle of water, a pretzel necklace, rocking music on the ears, and access to CT’s most popular food trucks. 12-5 pm.
Your brewer’s special ticket to the Harbor Brew Fest will get you an early access pass to the venue and special brewers choice, a day of beer tasting, a tasting mug, a pretzel necklace, rocking music on the ears, and access to CT’s most popular food trucks, all for just $50.00 per person. 12-5 pm.
Harbor Brew Fest
Ballpark at Harbor Yard
500 Main Street