Ratebeer.com recently released awards for various categories like Best Beers in the World, Top 100 Brewers, Top New Releases of 2014 and various other categories by region. Here are the results for Connecticut (but definitely check out all the lists):
Best Beer, Brewer, New Brewery by Subregion
- Best Beer: Gandhi-Bot, New England Brewing Company
- Best Brewery: New England Brewing Company
- Best New Brewery: OEC (Ordinem Ecentrici Coctores)
Best Retailers by Subregion
- Best Brewpub: Willimantic Brewing Company and Main Street Cafe
- Best Bottle Shop: Mountview Plaza Wines and Liquors
- Best Bar: Ginger Man, Norwalk
- Best Restaurant: n/a
- Brewer Taproom: n/a
- Grocery: n/a
We’re not exactly sure why there was no taproom or restaurant listed here for Connecticut when many other states had these entries filled in. We’ll have to write Ratebeer.com and let them know about our great restaurant scene and all the awesome taprooms that we have throughout the state.
Well, what do you think of this list? What brewery do you think is best? What was your favorite new brewery? Favorite beer or place to get that beer? Let us know!