Are you ready? Thanksgiving is just about a week away! Yup, it’s time to load up on turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gobble your way to a food coma.
But, Thanksgiving isn’t just about the food and Black Friday. Actually, it’s about celebrating with family and having lots of fun. There will be lots of that going on this coming weekend in Stamford during the UBS Parade Spectacular. This huge parade is a sight to see and is definitely a tradition for Nutmeggers and nearby New Yorkers. While you can see the balloons being inflated on Saturday from 3-6 pm at the corner of Hoyt Street and Summer, the high flying action goes down on Sunday, 11/18. The parade will begin at noon, starting off on Summer Street, then will wind its way down to Broad then Atlantic. You’ll want to find a parking spot pretty early, so don’t wait until the last minute. Ya heard?
Now, you gotta know that we got the hook up for you, helping you to figure out where to eat before, during, and after the parade. When we find out more specials or info, we’ll update this for you. In the meantime, here you go:
- Bar Rosso, also on Spring Street, will have parade specials and are also pouring out bottomless draft beers. Hey, little Johnny can drive you home, don’t worry.
- Capriccio Cafe on Bedford will have specials and, if things are looking good, their ever popular outdoor seating. Right now, the weather will be sunny and a high of 49.
- EOS has a great spot along the parade route and if you’re in the mood for Greek food, hit ‘um up after. Heat things up with $5 adult drink specials. ;)
- Hudson Grille on Bedford will be offering children’s specials and will offer select bottles of wine for 50% off!
- The Fez constantly comes up as one of our favorite spots in Stamford. Check out this Moroccan gem after viewing the parade outside of their restaurant.
- Chomp on some great burgers, fries, and dogs at Station Eats and overlook the parade from their newly renovated patio. Don’t forget to try their killer burger and shake of the month…they are Thanksgiving-rific.
- Volta on Spring Street has a great brunch and lunch menu, nice gelato, and an excellent variety of crepes.
- Also, visit Volta‘s cart at the corner of Spring and Summer St.