Although the farm and the love of all things local has never left Parallel Post in Trumbull, it’s been a while since they have had their Farm-to-Trumbull event. This year actually marks the third year that this awesome celebration of local food has taken place and this year it’s going to be even more amazing.
The first intimate event (only 30 attendees) will be held on June 25 and starts at 7 pm with tickets costing $110 per person or $200 per couple (tax and tip included). While that price might seem high, you’ll be getting plenty of great things:
1) Welcome cocktails sponsored by Fishers Island Lemonade along with small bites.
2) A family style dinner that features local and seasonal ingredients from James Beard-nominated Chef Dean James Max, Executive Chef Chris Molyneux, and newly-appointed Chef de Cuisine Erik Waybright. Ingredients will come from Norm Bloom & Sons in Norwalk, Foley Fish in Boston, Ox Hollow Farm in Roxbury, Farmer’s Cow in Lebanon, and Gilbertie’s Herb Gardens in Westport among others.
3) Wine pairings will be provided throughout the night via Bootleg Greg (Greg Genias).
4) An “All-You-Can-Indulge” Dessert Bar.
5) An autographed copy of The Connecticut Farm Table Cookbook (the couples price gets you one book) with authors Tracey Medeiros and Christy Colasurdo on hand to chat. We seriously love this book and have our own signed copy! If you’d like to buy an extra copy or two, Fairfield U Bookstores will be on hand!
If you can’t make the first dinner, fear not! The Farm-to-Trumbull series continues on August 9 and finishes up on October 29. To get your spot reserved, please e-mail FairfieldUBookstoreEvents@gmail.com or call Nancy Quinn at Fairfield U Bookstore at 203.255.7756 ext. 501. For guests seeking to purchase additional copies of The Connecticut Farm Table Cookbook that evening, representatives from Fairfield U Bookstores will be available on-site at Parallel Post.
Address: 180 Hawley Lane
Trumbull, Connecticut 06611
Phone: (203) 380-6380 for Parallel Post
(203) 378-1400 for the Trumbull Marriott