If you didn’t have the chance to attend the last Farm-to-Trumbull dinner series, you’ve got another chance next Sunday. But, this ain’t going down at Parallel Post‘s restaurant in Trumbull . . . nope. It’s happening at Gilbertie’s Herb Garden right in Easton on August 9 from 3-7. Here are the deets that you need to know:
1) It’s a reception style dinner, so there will be chef stations throughout the garden. Nom away on some small bites or take some big boy bites with entrees. And, don’t forget to finish up with their killer dessert bar! Food will be created by James Beard Award Nominated Chef Dean James Max, Executive Chef Chris Molyneux, and Chef de Cuisine Erik Waybright. Please note that the menu is carefully crafted from local sources and is seasonal in nature.
2) And what kind of reception would it be without drinks? So, you need not worry because there will be cocktails using Fishers Island Lemonade, the delightful creations of BootlegGreg, wine, and plenty of brews from DuVig of Branford.
3) You’ll get to meet with Tracey Medeiros and Christy Colasurdo, authors of The Connecticut Farm Table Cookbook. And, with ticket purchase, you get one free autographed book.
4) The cost is $110 per person (tax and tip included) and that includes your free cookbook. If you’d like a couple’s ticket, that’s $200 and includes one book.
5) To get your spot, RSVP by e-mailing FairfieldUBookstoreEvents@gmail.com or call Nancy Quinn at Fairfield U Bookstore at 203.255.7756 ext. 501.
The final Farm-to-Trumbull dinner for the year will be held on October 29, so get ready!