It’s the most wonderful time of the year…in Greenwich. More specifically, the most wonderful time of the year is this Saturday from 10-6 pm and Sunday from noon to 5 pm. During both days you’ll have a chance to get some major deals at local businesses, devour food from some awesome food trucks, sample wine and mulled cider, nom away on some treats, listen to music, take part in activities, and so much more.
Because all we ever think about is food, let’s start there:
Oh, but that’s not all kiddos! There will be a food truck village!
We’re talking about Aurora’s Gypsy Cafe, LobsterCraft, Fryborg, Tandoori, and Sugar Cupcakes (a winner of Cupcake Wars)! They’ll all be parked in a display of culinary awesomeness at the Board of Education Parking Lot at 290 Greenwich Avenue.
But your noming and noshing and drinking and sampling doesn’t have to end there:
- Wine Wise (122 East Putnam Avenue) will let you write letters to Santa, will have champagne tastings, and will have warm mulled cider with cinnamon sticks.
- Lots of other businesses in the area will have wine, holiday refreshments, and snacks too. See the complete list here.
And here are some of the other highlights of the weekend:
- Free parking on Saturday, so leave those quarters at home.
- NY style horse-drawn carriage rides along Putnam. They’ll make all local stops, too, including Wine Wise where there will be a horse petting station. Sat. 12-3 and Sun. 12-3. Loading/unloading at corner of Amogerone Crossway/Greenwich Avenue and corner of Fawcett Place/Greenwich Ave.
- Greenwich Baptist Church Taste of Christmas tent. They’ll be set up at 116 Greenwich Ave. on Sat. from 10-5 and Sun. from 12-5, offering up holiday cheer and refreshments.
- Live Holiday Music tent on Sat. from 11-5:30 and Sun. from 12-5 pm.
- WEBE 108 Street Team and Tent on Saturday from 12-2 at Bank of America, 240 Greenwich Avenue. There will be giveaways, too!
- Greenwich Magazine is sponsoring ice sculpture demos. The demonstrations are at 299 Greenwich Avenue on both days from 12-2:30.
- Check out some galleries of amazing work at the Greenwich Arts Council gallery. There will be an Affordable Art & Jewelry Sale Saturday from 12-4, a Create Your Own Snowman Workshop from 12-2 on Sunday, and an International Minitaure Print Exhibition from 12-4 on Sunday too.
- Have a visit with NEWS 12 at their tent that will be at 299 Greenwich Avenue. Spin their prize wheel and see what you get.
- See Santa’s reindeer and even take pics with jolly ol’ Saint Nick at McArdle’s. This is going on all season, but during the weekend you can visit from 9-6 pm and Sunday from 9-5 pm.
- And, finally, there’s a special Candlelight Open House at Putnam Cottage on Sunday from 4-7. Admission is $5 and that gets you holiday snacks and tours of the cottage, colonial music, and even the chance to meet and talk with Revolutionary War soldiers.